The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

I would love it if you could pm me with those details. thank you very much!

Done! Let me know if the PM didn't come through alright. Hope you can find what you're looking for.
smile.png

Gues this is more about breeding here but the thread says "anything "about Amercaunas so here goes..
My lavender amercauna started to lay about 6 weeks ago.
Some days I have seen 2 eggs in the nest Am iust forgetting to pick them up one day and so the next I find 2 or do they sometimes lay 2?
They both are always normal size eggs
Thanks for any help.

Long as im asking Am questions ..One of my Lav Am roos is covering every girl in the yard as im free ranging most of them in the heat of summer..
.Can I expect any lavenders from that or will they come out like my lav Orp roo and Buff Brahma hens chicks did which is a buff and black partridge color design ?
Im especially interested in my Light Brahma (white) hen and the Lav Am roo .Anyone have this mix ?
Curious but haven't set any yet .

Long as im asking Am questions ..One of my Lav Am roos is covering every girl in the yard as im free ranging most of them in the heat of summer..
.Can I expect any lavenders from that or will they come out like my lav Orp roo and Buff Brahma hens chicks did which is a buff and black partridge color design ?
Im especially interested in my Light Brahma (white) hen and the Lav Am roo .Anyone have this mix ?
Curious but haven't set any yet .
You would need to study the color charts and use the color calculator to see your pattern and color results. It can get pretty interesting.
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

You can go out to the coop and find an egg at 6AM, go out to the coop and find another at 4pm from the same bird.

The 6AM egg was layed the day before and you just missed it

Chicken usually lay early in the morning and it gets later and later every day, if it is getting to 4pm she will just wait till the next day.

You would need to study the color charts and use the color calculator to see your pattern and color results. It can get pretty interesting.
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

You can go out to the coop and find an egg at 6AM, go out to the coop and find another at 4pm from the same bird.

The 6AM egg was layed the day before and you just missed it

Chicken usually lay early in the morning and it gets later and later every day, if it is getting to 4pm she will just wait till the next day.
AHHH bet youre right! and thanks for the link..... im going now...

Last edited:
Mine are good with people for a minute. They like to be head scratched and talked to, however I do not handle my birds other than to make sure all is OK and do a regular medical check up. I hate chasing birds since I am old as dirt, so they are used to being picked up and handled. I also do it because it does not look good for a Judge to open a cage and you have a bird spaze out. (Its embaresing).

Back
Top Bottom