The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

i loooooooooooooovvve ameraucanas. ive got 2 EE. but I cant send them because it gets 40 or less here in skagit county

Somebody once told me to collect my hatching eggs in the refrigerator because they will remain viable for a longer period of time. Jerry just mentioned his eggs getting chilled. I can adjust the temperature on my refrigerator, is there an optimal temp for keeping eggs viable for a long period of time?

Somebody once told me to collect my hatching eggs in the refrigerator because they will remain viable for a longer period of time. Jerry just mentioned his eggs getting chilled. I can adjust the temperature on my refrigerator, is there an optimal temp for keeping eggs viable for a long period of time?
50-55 degrees is recommended. I have heard of lower temps but never tried. Myself I believe anything below 40 degrees is probably harmful. Maybe someone has first hand experience with lower temps.

50-55 degrees is recommended. I have heard of lower temps but never tried. Myself I believe anything below 40 degrees is probably harmful. Maybe someone has first hand experience with lower temps.
way too cold in the fridge in my opinion. I know some people hatch trader joe eggs but for me 50-60 best though mine hatch fine in the summer too and I know it gets hotter than that in my house lol

The closest place like this to me is a Whole Foods. Last time I looked they didn't have any fertile eggs available. I need to check again.

Last edited:
Great thread! I'm on page 43 trying to cstch up.

I have a small vent, however... looking at this pullets' face, I can't believe I don't have a ny eggs from her yet!!

Back
Top Bottom