The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Typically pastel blue if they're pure Ameraucana. If not, the eggs can be green or olive, in that case they're actually Easter Eggers, which are great layers and pets but cannot be shown and don't breed true.

This is a EE question, but I think y'all a group of experts that will have the answer I'm looking for, I have been told that some people are lucky and get Pink and Lavender eggs. Do any of you have chickens that lay those colors that can post pictures? I have a hard time picking out the blue from the green too. I think I'm looking for to dark of color on the blue. If anyone has good examples of egg color I sure would appreciate some clarification.

I don't know if this helps...I have an EE (and an Ameraucana coming in the spring). Here is a pic of my egg box:

The green ones are from my EE...it is sort of a light olive-gray color is the best I can describe it. The large cream ones are from my ducks and then the small brown ones are from my newest laying pullets (production birds).

These are my Easter Egger's eggs. They are darker and have brown spots at the begining of the laying season. The darker brown one is my Orpington's egg and the lighter brown one is my other Easter egger's egg. Not all of them lay blue/green eggs. The green eggs have the darkest orange yolks and they are the biggest of all my girls'.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom