The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

They're lavenders. I got them as live chicks. And I ordered them around Christmas in order to get them first thing in March, but you probably don't have to be as OCD as I am. I have some nice birds with Blehm bloodlines but there are so many people out there who are breeding quality birds I'm sure that if you google it, and do a little legwork, you can find some unrelated stock which will compliment your birds.

Oh I can be OCD... but, cant afford it....to many other things going on. Mine r just straight run mutts, but I love them! I do need to find someone around here with some of those lovelies without such rich blood lines. Hate having the "I wants".

I see where your at, nice! I'm jealous (except for winter). I thought you were in Fla. Seminole Co. Lk. Mary/Sanford. My parents live up in N.C./Fines Creek area. Sorry for the dbl. deal here...

This is my splash rooster. Splash is a color I have a difficult time understanding being categorized as an EE. Shouldn't all three colors (BBS) be a part of the breed standard?

I am planning on putting that hen and rooster in the pictures above in a breeding pen with some of my other black hens. My goal is nice blues. I was considering getting some Blue Andalusions this year to cross with my Ameraucanas to to improve their lacing. Has anyone dabbled in this area or have any thoughts on the matter? I know some people have used Wyandottes for this too. Are straight combs difficult to breed out? Lots of questions! It's definitely chicken time again in my household!
big_smile.png

I am planning on putting that hen and rooster in the pictures above in a breeding pen with some of my other black hens. My goal is nice blues. I was considering getting some Blue Andalusions this year to cross with my Ameraucanas to to improve their lacing. Has anyone dabbled in this area or have any thoughts on the matter? I know some people have used Wyandottes for this too. Are straight combs difficult to breed out? Lots of questions! It's definitely chicken time again in my household!
big_smile.png

there are some discussions on the ABC forums involving the crosses for lacing in the blues

Back
Top Bottom