The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Well, I could post pictures! :D

We all agree this is a male, right?

And here is a cute girl, but WHY is her comb already THAT pink at only 8 weeks????

HI, I picked up this juvenile bird and was told it's a Ameraucana. Can anyone confirm it looks like one? Also does it look like a pullet? Not sure how old. Maybe 15 weeks, although, it seems more like 12??

HI, I picked up this juvenile bird and was told it's a Ameraucana. Can anyone confirm it looks like one? Also does it look like a pullet? Not sure how old. Maybe 15 weeks, although, it seems more like 12??

That is probably a EE . Not a approved color or a project color for Ameraucana . No slate legs and seems to be lacking a beard . Most EE have green legs and a beard . That is why I say probably EE .

Hi, Thanks for your input. Definately not planning a project with this bird. I'm interested in learning and not misinforming anyone who asks about my chickens. I thought she was attractive (I was wearing the sympathy lens) and they needed out of the situation.

It does have different colored legs but I can see they aren't visible in this photo. He showed me the hen and rooster he thought this bird came from and I've yet to find a photo that looks like her. She was very attractive - a taupe like color with blue/lavendar or such tips. I wouldn't say barred or laced. I should have taken a photo.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom