The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

This is the multi-colored roo from the batch.

I had 2 hens that had yellow legs. Sold 1 that looked like a RIR but kept the other. She is gray, white and peach colored. Too pretty to sell.

Wow he's so fluffy. Almost looks like a blue wheaton (to my incredibly untrained eye)

Last fall i bought what were advertised as Americaunas but i know now they are ee's which is fine. This year i have purchased eggs to incubate. Once again advertised as Americaunas. Got them yesterday. My DH thinks they are green but my kids think blue. What do you think?
They advertized them as amerIcanuas. That should of been your first clue that they weren't ameraucana but infact EEs. If people waffle on the name or spelling they have EEs.

They advertized them as amerIcanuas. That should of been your first clue that they weren't ameraucana but infact EEs. If people waffle on the name or spelling they have EEs.

Woops I had a typo, they advertised as Ameraucana I should've know some thing was off because I went to pick up the dozen I had requested and there was only 3 blue eggs and they included a duck egg with 11 chicken eggs. I gave the person a dollar for the 3 blue eggs and drove home a little bit more aware.

Woops I had a typo, they advertised as Ameraucana I should've know some thing was off because I went to pick up the dozen I had requested and there was only 3 blue eggs and they included a duck egg with 11 chicken eggs. I gave the person a dollar for the 3 blue eggs and drove home a little bit more aware.

I would speculate that most that are advertised arw EEs. I was just looking to add colorful eggs and colorful birds. I have 6 different pure breeds plus my EEs. EEs have provided the color in my flock.

I would speculate that most that are advertised arw EEs. I was just looking to add colorful eggs and colorful birds. I have 6 different pure breeds plus my EEs. EEs have provided the color in my flock.

I was too. Now I'm going to add colorful eggs and colorful chickens.

The next question that should of been asked would of been to see the breeding stock.
I know I'm beating a dead horse and you are happy with your birds but JIK there is someone new to the breed looking to avoid the common pitfalls.

The next question that should of been asked would of been to see the breeding stock.
I know I'm beating a dead horse and you are happy with your birds but JIK there is someone new to the breed looking to avoid the common pitfalls.

They had pics of the parents, I just didn't know what I was looking at. Now I know, slate legs, no feathers on legs, and muffs. I'm getting better at identifing the approved colors too.

I agree. Learn as you go seems to be my motto.

I have 2 hens and 1 rooster with slate legs and muffs and beards from 2014 chicks that I bought. This is the roo.

Hi all I have a total of 6 purebred ameraucanas a young trio of blacks, two wheaten roosters and a blue wheaten hen. I have many planned projects, I plan on eventually making white wheaten (wheaten with dominant white), buff laced white, barred wheaten (simalar to crele but wheaten based), and dominant white ameraucanas. I will be using an EE that looks to be wheaten based with dominant white for two of those projects I will use him for white wheaten and I will cross him with my blacks to introduce the dominant white there. I also plan on breeding splash wheaten eventually. I crossed one if my wheaten roosters with a hatcher white laced Cornish and got this beauty:

Here are my blacks:

Here is one of my wheaten Roos with my blue wheaten hen:

Here is the EE roo:

This is him a bit younger:

Back
Top Bottom