I came back to the house after tilling one of the farther garden patches from the house and there he was. Legs was on top of the house. I guess he got up high so he could better see what I was doing. I don't know what to expect next out of the boy. He has gotten an eye for the ladies now. He is so sneaky the way he looks to be ignoring one and in the flash of an eye with that long neck of his reaches sideways and grabs a hen that least suspects what is coming.

VideoCapture_20240305-202840.jpg
20240306_090320.jpg

Legs came in with me tonight. He was standing on top of the smoker grill at the porch gate. I had to look up at him with his head a foot above mine so I just put my hands up there and picked him up and brought him inside with me for a treat. It's hard to believe that he is so big and yet so gentle. He stood perfectly still after his treat while I gave him and all over massage. He has got to be the best rooster I've ever had for a companion and pet.

74° here now. BBL. Having lunch and then a rest break. Need to settle down. One of my favorite roosters is missing. He was next to be photographed for a friend in San Diego to paint. He also was a wonderful pet that came to me looking for a hand fed treat when he was supervising my work outside. I can't believe he's gone. I've looked all over the property and no sign of him. No feathers near the coop for any where. I hope the breeder where he cam from has more like him. He can never be replaced but as a breeding rooster I need one like him.

Legs now gets on the porch rain in the late evenings and waits for me to put my arm around him and carry him to his coop. He has done this every day since his roommate disappeared. He weighs enough I get a workout totting him like a football. There are some Dark Cornish pullets growing out now for him. He will mature about the same time they do. Being he is 1/2 Aseel and Dark Cornish are part Aseel this should make for an interesting cross.

Back
Top Bottom