The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Pics

HenThymes

pippin ain't easy
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Foothills of NC
We have the Orpington thread, the English Orpington thread, the Lavender Orpington thread so I figured I would see what is out there in the way of Bantam Orpingtons.
big_smile.png
I hear a few people talk about them but really don't see many pictures or discussions on them. I would love to hear from fellow bantam orp peeps. I really enjoy mine and actually prefer them to LF orps even though I do own both. Here are a couple of pictures of my black and splash. Have the incubator going with some blues and blacks due on the 14th, looking for some nice stock to show next year.
smile.png
I hope more will join in on this thread!

49849_dsc04267.jpg

49849_dsc04287.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to do a photo shoot with my sweet Cookie. (Before she goes broody and turns into "Cookie Monster.") I'm also hoping someone sees this and shares pics of another bantam orp. I can't seem to find anyone else who owns them.

Cookie :love:
age 6 years

IMG_3038 (2).JPG

IMG_3039 (2).JPG

IMG_3043 (2).JPG

IMG_3041 (2).JPG

IMG_3031 (3).JPG

She actually looks a bit 'deflated.' I'm so used to taking pics of her all puffed up and surrounded with chicks. Even now she's all feathers. She looks so much larger than she feels.

I'm hoping she goes broody soon. Besides the eggs in the incubator which will need a mama, she's been laying soft eggs. My hope is she goes broody & won't have to lay eggs.

Hi, everybody. I got some hatching eggs from Dick Horstman and hatched two Orp. bantams this year. I got a blue and a splash, both pullets! I love the way they look, so I'm looking to get a rooster soon. One thing I've noticed at shows is that my bantams are smaller than the other bantam Orps have been. I'm anxious to see how they do at the show in Shawnee, OK next week.

12477_splorp3.jpg

12477_blorp2.jpg

I need to get new pictures. These were taken about a month ago. They look more filled out now.

I have an order of 25 bantams expected to ship on April 30. Included are 6 Buff Orpington Bantams. (Also Dominique Bantams, EE Bantams, and Silkies.)

These will be our first chickens.

A couple of pics of my Splash broody with some of her LF Orpington "babies." She is a great mama. This jubilee chick has a lot of attitude! When I first gave him to the hen he kept grabbing her wattles and hanging on while she tried to shake him off. She was very patient.

Have to share this pic.
lau.gif

I went out to the garage last night & saw this:
How does Cookie keep track of all 20 of them?
(Technically, she has 21, but one was in the house with me.)

Back
Top Bottom