The Bantam Thread!

Dolly and fluff my lavender pekin

Our 4 newest additios. They came from TSC so they were in a mixed bin "straight run". So I guess we get to wait ans see what they turn out to be. They're currently no bigger then a golf ball and im guessing almost 2 weeks

New to chickens. I choose bantams because of their size. Even though I usually prefer the larger animals, it is more feasible with my property, currently to have a smaller breed. I was shopping at my TSC, needed duck food etc, and they had these little guys for fifty cents. I am currently monitoring them inside my home for the time being and they are so funny and cute. We get a kick on how small they are and how funny they can be.

Mystery banty roo. It just showed up at the neighbor's house one day and we spent several days trying to capture it. My hubby realized it would run to the light at night and that's how we ultimately caught it. One attempt was to save it from the mouth of the neighbor dog, but he flew into a hiding spot too fast for us to see and find him. No one within a mile of our house has chickens, so we have no idea where he came from or how he got here. We are out in the country, so maybe somebody just tossed him out here like they do unwanted dogs and cats. He was missing a lot of tail feathers. They are starting to come back in. We kept him, named him Steve Gutenberg and had a friend give us banty eggs to hatch. So, he has 5 teeny friends that will join him when they're big enough. We have no idea his breed. Rose comb. Willow legs with yellow feet and black Spurs and toenails. He's more nervous than my Buffs and Barreds, but has calmed down since we set up a bit of a shelter for him and hang out there with him every day while I tend to our ducklings. Very wary of hawks. He just started crowing a month ago, so he must have been from a late hatch. It's the highest pitch crow I've ever heard! I can't wait to see what banty friends he ends up with. They could be any combo of Old English Game, Japanese, and Cochin. Already see some feathered legs in that group.

Back
Top Bottom