The Bantam Thread!

None of my bantams that i have left are pure faverolles but I have a lot of mixes. They have the fifth toe and some are frizzles. You just might have a faverolle in the bunch. Can you share some pics?

I've tried but my phone doesn't work well on this site its on Mobil version when I try to add a pic it asks for a URL address instead of taking me to my photo gallery. The 2 I thought were feverolles are feathering white on there wings and the tops of there heads are getting puffy looking maybe they're sultans I'm not sure these are my first chicks I cant tell most of what I have

Thank
1f60a.png
well shoot I guess I have sultans instead, they're wings are white and their heads have a puffy spot on the top, I was hoping for faverolles, I think they're cute. At least I have one porcelain D'Uccle its a cute little bird. I'll be glad when I know what gender everyone is so I can say he or she instead of it. Right now I can tell I have a hen and roo that's 2 out of 16'lol
1f603.png

And I noticed last night one of them is developing cross beak at the moment it looks like one side is just slightly open but I can see its not aligned anymore. I was given a standard size red sex link from tsc when I bought more bantams that hatched with defects it has 1 eye and bad scissor beak its a fighter though it has the will to live so I'm trying to help it

My little bantam BR is having poop issues. She cheeps up a storm when she goes and looks like her vent is a little swollen and red. It doesn't seem too hard even though it's solid so I don't know what's up. I've read about giving applesauce and yogurt but so far she won't eat the applesauce. Any suggestions?

So, someone's dogs went after my flock today. I lost one for sure, but my dutch bantam is no where to be seen. Not even a random feather. The rooster has been calling non-stop, so I figure if she ran she would have returned by now. Sad day, she was such a pretty girls. Now, I have too many rooster. I am going to have to rehome my Game Bird Bantam...

These are my first chickies ever! Assorted Bantams from the local feed store . I started out with two and then wanted more immediately and ended up with 6 before chick season was over. Being from a feed store and in an "assorted" bin, I'm positive they are all mutts but boy are they pretty. They are 9 wks old . Any guesses to some of their cross breed ancestry? I have 5 pullets and 1 roo. Perfect harmony:)
Pumpkin (Orange/black)

Mr. rooster (black)

Pearl (white/buff)

Duckie (gray)

Stretch (white/brown)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom