The Best Place to Live in the United States?

Is the retention pond on your land or just within the subdivision?

It was very dry here in Texas last summer. The lakes are just now filling up.

Yep, it's on my land.

Yeah, our last summer was so dry there was a lot of wildfires and you couldn't go outdoors without smoke burning your nose. Usually in the summer there's rain nearly every afternoon.

It doesn't really fit all your desires listed, but I just have to put in a plug for Eastern Washington. If I did not already own land I would probably move more south than I live now (central) but this is a great state. I enjoy the winter here because it allows us to slow down a bit and enjoy some free time. Farming in all its forms is a large part of our communities and the rodeo's, fairs and festivals are all country living oriented. I would say that the only thing I dont like about Eastern and South Eastern Washington is that the liberal west side has alot of control over the state. Oh! no state tax either :)

It doesn't really fit all your desires listed, but I just have to put in a plug for Eastern Washington. If I did not already own land I would probably move more south than I live now (central) but this is a great state. I enjoy the winter here because it allows us to slow down a bit and enjoy some free time. Farming in all its forms is a large part of our communities and the rodeo's, fairs and festivals are all country living oriented. I would say that the only thing I dont like about Eastern and South Eastern Washington is that the liberal west side has alot of control over the state. Oh! no state tax either
smile.png

I am guessing it is pretty cold there in the winter.

If you don't like liberal politics you could move to Texas. Texas is dominated by Republicans. Rick Perry switched from being a Democrat to a Republican in 1989 when he saw the way the political wind was blowing in Texas.

I would probably be happy with the politics in the state of Washington.

I live in western oregon and it is nice over where you are, I really like the Spokane area and also the areas along highway 97. Portland tries to rule our rural areas with thier policies also.

I have been to Texas before... I could not live there... well maybe on a big ranch I could but not in the city.

It doesn't really fit all your desires listed, but I just have to put in a plug for Eastern Washington. If I did not already own land I would probably move more south than I live now (central) but this is a great state. I enjoy the winter here because it allows us to slow down a bit and enjoy some free time. Farming in all its forms is a large part of our communities and the rodeo's, fairs and festivals are all country living oriented. I would say that the only thing I dont like about Eastern and South Eastern Washington is that the liberal west side has alot of control over the state. Oh! no state tax either
smile.png

I just read an article pointing out that the Pacific Northwest -- primarily Oregon, Washington and British Columbia -- is pm course for a megaquake earthquake. That is a super quake with a magnitude of at least 9 and probably more. Apparently, there is a huge sheet of undersea (Pacific) crust that is sliding under the crust of the North American continent, and it is the mirror image of what broke or slid away from the opposite side of the Pacific, causing the huge undersea megaquake that caused the tsunami and sent 120' walls of water crashing onto the coast of northeastern Japan.

The last megaquake to hit the PNW was in 1700.

Of course, this will probably not discourage me from my plans to move to coastal Oregon. I'll take my chances.
fl.gif
smile.png

Picked a bowl of Brussels sprouts today they were great.
droolin.gif

The tomato plants are growing good. I planted a couple grape tomato plants again this year.
droolin.gif

I picked a couple Pomegranates to feed to the chickens they hang out under the tree now and just look at me
fl.gif

Did all this in shorts and no shirt working on my tan
tongue2.gif
wee.gif

I just read an article pointing out that the Pacific Northwest -- primarily Oregon, Washington and British Columbia -- is pm course for a megaquake earthquake. That is a super quake with a magnitude of at least 9 and probably more. Apparently, there is a huge sheet of undersea (Pacific) crust that is sliding under the crust of the North American continent, and it is the mirror image of what broke or slid away from the opposite side of the Pacific, causing the huge undersea megaquake that caused the tsunami and sent 120' walls of water crashing onto the coast of northeastern Japan.

The last megaquake to hit the PNW was in 1700.

Of course, this will probably not discourage me from my plans to move to coastal Oregon. I'll take my chances.
fl.gif
smile.png

If you are right on the coast you may think about living on high ground.
smile.png

Picked a bowl of Brussels sprouts today they were great.
droolin.gif

The tomato plants are growing good. I planted a couple grape tomato plants again this year.
droolin.gif

I picked a couple Pomegranates to feed to the chickens they hang out under the tree now and just look at me
fl.gif

Did all this in shorts and no shirt working on my tan
tongue2.gif
wee.gif

Funny. There are advantages to living in a warm climate. I see your growing season is the winter. I am guessing it takes a lot of water to keep a garden going there in the summer, though.

I like Brussels sprouts with butter and pepper. They sound good.

Back
Top Bottom