The Best Water Heaters?

zaraif

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 18, 2012
So I need to buy a new water heater and I was wondering what the best ones are. I've looked at submerged heaters or floating ones and I don't think those will work for my waterer. Do the Cookie Tins actually work? Does the light bulb get too hot for the bedding? Any other advice if appreciated thanks!

Quote: It shouldn't be IN the bedding.
It should be totally enclosed in a fireproof container, and should sit above the bedding.

The waterer will absorb most of the heat

I use this model. Allied Precision Aluminum Bird Bath Deicer, 250 Watts

It goes into the water supply, operates thermostatically, metal construction. It is available many places. It is bullet-proof. I toss it in the supply bucket once the temperature drops and take it out in the spring.

Chris

They only work in open top systems, and can't easily be used with most "fountain" type waterers that need to be airtight

Uhhhh?????

My bucket has a top and I just notched out a little hole in the edge of the bucket for the 2 electrical cords.

Why does the bucket have to be "open top" and why does the fountain have to be airtight?

I had it running for about 24 hours in my garage just to see if it worked and heated the cold water............. and it worked fine.

Both the heater and fountain sit on the bottom of the bucket of water (inside).

Quote: Because your nipple system requires air entering the top to allow the free flow of water, and "fountain" types work off a vacuum that PREVENTS free flow

Any waterer you fill and then INVERT works off a vacuum that keeps it from overflowing

(It's more Physics
wink.png
)

Your "fountain" PUMP makes no difference in this context

Last edited:
Because your nipple system requires air entering the top to allow the free flow of water, and "fountain" types work off a vacuum that PREVENTS free flow
So with my notched out corner hole for the wires....... making the container NOT air tight, do you believe my system isn't going to work???

The "fountain" can be found at this link. All it's doing is circulating the water. It's submersed, so it's just sucking water in and throwing water out.
http://www.harborfreight.com/mercha...iniature-submersible-fountain-pump-68389.html

Back
Top Bottom