The Calico/Aloha/Mottled Naked Neck Thread

Pics
Oh - I need to take pics - but I have the BIGGEST and FATTEST baby Naked Neck chick!

I think the daddy might be my Buff Mottled Roo - the gorgeous guy that is lazy and won't breed most hens - and the big buff hatchery NN mom.

It is buff, and it DOES show Mottling. (Mom is a mottled carrier.) If its a rooster I may have to keep it - this chick is like a FREAK SHOW from birth. It was completely round, and oh so fat! Like a big ball of fluff with a Naked Neck poking out of it. No matter what the gender, this chick may turn out great for the program because it will add size to whatever it is bred with. Plus it carries yellow leg gene, and shows spots. Great boost for the Aloha program in particular, with the tendency for smaller birds.

If it's a hen I'll cross it with a cute, colorful, small boy - I have one here plus my friend has several gorgeous but kind of small Aloha boys at her farm. :)

Edited to add: Was hatched with several nice sized Aloha chicks and with pure Speckled Sussex chicks, plus two more NN babies - and this one baby is much, much, much bigger and heavier than ANY of the other chicks. It's like a mutant. LOL.

Last edited:
Now for more mottled ones. These have no Aloha blood in them.

All of these are full siblings. The too I believe is a cockerel, but sometimes I get surprises.

The last one I believe is a pullet.

The two middle out pictures, one of them looks like it may be a better keeper than I have now ( their full brother from a Sept. 2015 hatch). If he continues to have the smaller now tie and looks good when older and folks out then I'll replace big brother.

All the partridge colored ones do have some mottling in some place, some you can't see lies you pull with g feathers apart.

Should be hatching out more Mottled/Calico NN's pretty soon.

Putting in 133 eggs late thus afternoon.

I'll have the Mottled/Calico, Green Egger NN's and just various colored NN's.

UPDATED PICTURES:

Calico/Mottled Cockerel.
I love the coloring of this young one. Advantages: Naked Neck and very nice coloring. No Aloha blood.
Disadvantages: Big Bow Tie.
I think I can work with it though. He will be a keeper for next years chicks.

Another nice colored cockerel. Not as brightly colored as the above one, but nice softer colors. Advantage: Naked Necked and Calico/Mottled. Disadvsntage: Big Bow Tie.
This one is 1/2 Aloha. I guess he'd be a nephew to the first cockerel pictured. He being out of a 1/2 sister to him. Definite keeper for next years chicks.

Plans are to find done choice hens to put under each of these. Keep some daughters of each and cross back to the opposite rooster.

Nice Mottled Partridge cockerel. The biggest of the two.

The second of the 2 Mottked Partridge. This one is a tad bit smaller than the previous one. Both are full brothers to the 1st cockerel in this post.
My tying to decide if I should keep either one. I have a full brother to them that is already grown. The smaller of these two is a little more colorful than the other and the full grown one. Wondering if it would help along to keep him or just move on with the already full grown one. After all I'm looking at breeding bigger NN's.

@alohachickens
@Kev

Last edited:
UPDATED PICTURES:

Calico/Mottled Cockerel.
I love the coloring of this young one. Advantages: Naked Neck and very nice coloring. No Aloha blood.
Disadvantages: Big Bow Tie.
I think I can work with it though. He will be a keeper for next years chicks.

@alohachickens
@Kev
I really like this rooster!!!

Got some more that have hatched. This time I crossed the the Spangled Aloha rooster to the Mottled Partridge hen. This time around I had one that hatched out black with a lot of white on it ( wondering if I'm going to have a Bkack/White Mottled one!

Here is a picture of the babies fresh out of the hatcher.

7 of them. Not sure but a couple may be sex linked crossed. Aloha rooster out of a Silver NN.

1f600.png

@Kev
@alohachickens

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom