The Calico/Aloha/Mottled Naked Neck Thread

Here are photos of some of the possible Moms. I only have NN hens breeding right now - there is one NN roo but he's been chased to the barn rafters and the other boys won't let him breed so I'm sure these chicks are all via the female line.

One chick may be a Dun Mille?

Dark feathers look blue-ish? (But my flock does not carry blue, just dun)

It is possible, I caught the hen hanging with a rooster who is red with Dun. (Genetically he would be red and white mottled with a black tail but Dun changed his tail to gray.)

I'm guessing these may be the parents?

If I am correct and the chick ends up Dun Mille it would look like the below hen, but with a Naked Neck:

Because chicks are going to my friend, I will be able to find out later.

May also end up red and white mottled, with a bit of Dun replacing black on the tail.

Chick has a very light chest with good contrast between the color and yellow (white) parts.

This "high contrast" with sharp chest color definition has often meant nicely spotted chicks in past hatches.

Very good looking chickens.

Glad to see Larissa is still around I had wondered what had happened to her. Does she not do BYC anymore?

Very good looking chickens.

Glad to see Larissa is still around I had wondered what had happened to her. Does she not do BYC anymore?
No, she's not really on any of the chicken boards at the moment. She had a gorgeous baby girl a while back and doing the "mom thing" has been keeping her super busy!

Got some pictures today.

Two shots of same bird. This is Junior. Sire is Mr. Bo Spangles and his mother is one of two red hens that are full sisters. This is the best offspring I've gotten from MBJ. These hens have not produced a female offspring from MBJ, Although I think I have a couple from them now by another rooster.

Here's one of his ladies. There are three hens like this in his run with him. Two are full sisters and one is a full sister to a Speckled hen, (sorry no photo of her right now). I have other hens in there but they're just random colors.

I put on some eggs today to hatch for Valentine's Day.

From Junior Spangles' run I set 14 eggs.
From Mr. Bo Soangkes run I set eggs from two hens:
My green egg layer 6 eggs ( these will be sexlinked).
Another hen not sure if she carries the Mottled gene or not but dies come from a line of mottled carriers I set 6 of her eggs.

Total set for maybe Mottled/Aloha/Calico: 26.

I put on some eggs today to hatch for Valentine's Day.

From Junior Spangles' run I set 14 eggs.
From Mr. Bo Soangkes run I set eggs from two hens:
My green egg layer 6 eggs ( these will be sexlinked).
Another hen not sure if she carries the Mottled gene or not but dies come from a line of mottled carriers I set 6 of her eggs.

Total set for maybe Mottled/Aloha/Calico: 26.

I can't wait to see how your hatch turns out!!!!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom