The Cat Thread-For Cat Owners

I would hold new kittens (briefly) when they were born. You can hold them any time unless the mother gets upset. Just don't overdo it.

Here's my rotten kitty, Snowball aka Sheba (my girls keep changing her name). She showed up at the barn about 6 weeks ago and I felt sorry for her and brought her in the house. About 2 weeks later I noticed the tell-tale swelling of her belly. We now are expecting kitten any day (and yes they will remain with us and everyone will be altered ASAP).

Awww. That sounds just like our cat Smoky ! She has had her kittens though! There were six, but one died. there are two ginger, two black and one tortoiseshell/calico. they are adorable! Now they are 4 weeks old.

Lovin' all the kitty photos and stories. Keep 'em coming!
pop.gif

We have five cats!
Jazz, an orange shorthaired tabby.
Champagne, a "tuxedo tabby" as my sister calls him.
Everest, a tuxedo cat.
Bosco, gray tabby.
Valentine, tuxedo who may be pregnant by Bosco. She's been getting rounder and her nipples have swelled up and turned pink. Fingers crossed.
fl.gif

The first three are fixed indoor cats, the last two unfixed outdoor/barn cats. We've been having rat problems outside lately, so more kittens would be a good thing.

People often ask how ours cats get along with the chickens. This picture says it all. Our BR jumped onto the chair, not realizing that Tonks was there. The chicken paused, then settled made herself comfortable. The cat never stopped grooming herself.

We have an 8 week old kitten we are calling Chasers. Have no idea of his breed and was not able to see his parents. Adopted him off of a local couple. Originally was told he was over 6 weeks, then later when I asked for his birthday found out he was barely 4 weeks old. So far he's doing well. Going to be an inside cat. Tolerating the dogs and starting to play with them, loves our rabbit and guinea pig. He's black with green eyes, has some white spread throughout and some orange patches. His sisters were orange and white and brother was grey and white.

Back
Top Bottom