The cool chicken chat thread!

Yes I grow Strawberrys, raspberrys, moleberrys, blackberrys Ana a couple other berrys.
The moleberry tree is my chickens favorite spot. And the blackberrys are wild, they used to grow everywhere in my yard but people cut them down and now there's only a few in our yard and a lot around our house.... My chickens also love those! :drool

Well it was on the other side of our fence but we built the fence many feet in from the property line... :/
I think they cut them because they thought they where just weeds or something.

Last edited:
Well it was on the other side of our fence but we built the fence many feet in from the property line... :/
I think they cut them because they thought they where just weeds or something.
Don't worry they aren't hard to find at all and are suprisingly very cheap

Oh, thanks I didnt know they sold them...
gig.gif
Im going to buy some!
My hen Lila was egg bound, after i gave her a warm bath she layed her egg! i think i saved her!

Oh, thanks I didnt know they sold them...:gig Im going to buy some!
My hen Lila was egg bound, after i gave her a warm bath she layed her egg! i think i saved her!
Well they sell raspberry and blackberry bushes at local nurseries and other places but they are different than the wild rasberrries... Actually, your chickens will probably like these ones even more than the wild ones! You could buy some and also go to someone else you know who has woods and go and hunt for some wild raspberry and blackberry bushes! They grow EVERYWHERE so I don't think you'll have trouble finding them! Just dig them up and transplant them! Good as new!

Hey there guys :p I havent been on in a long time -_-

Hi @ChickyChickens, welcome back! :)

Well they sell raspberry and blackberry bushes at local nurseries and other places but they are different than the wild rasberrries... Actually, your chickens will probably like these ones even more than the wild ones! You could buy some and also go to someone else you know who has woods and go and hunt for some wild raspberry and blackberry bushes! They grow EVERYWHERE so I don't think you'll have trouble finding them! Just dig them up and transplant them! Good as new!

Hum... Great idea! I'm going to do that!

Last edited:
I'm back too! My computer broke so I finally got it on my phone.
All my plants are dying except the tomatoes and the chilis. Combination of heat, and vercillium wilt. (Anyone have good remedies for that?) It got to 114 degrees the other day. No biggie, it's normal around here. WHY DO I LIVE ON THE SUN?!?!?
And I might get Quail! We saw some babies when we were driving to a friends house, they were so cute!

Back
Top Bottom