The coons are the winners!!!

love-my-wolves

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Front Royal, VA
Who is the winner, the coons or my hubby????

Early this morning, my dog wakes me up barking, and I hear a commotion. I freak out cuz we've been having a couple black bears hauling our garbage for us (and doing a poor job at it, breaking down trash bins and leaving a mess), so I wake up hubby, and tell him to go frighten "Yogi" back to the woods. I fall back to sleep (I know, typical woman LOL). When I wake up, I ask him how much damage there is. He laughs and says it wasn't a bear.
barnie.gif
He went out onto the porch, didn't see anything, turns around to come back inside and hears a rattle. Mind you, our porch is one story up, you have to take a flight of stairs to get to it. Over to the left he sees 5 coons!!
ep.gif
There is a little baggie of trash by our bench, and the coons are ransacking it. I asked my hubby what he did, and he tells me he jumped up on the railing (1 story above the ground) so the coons won't see him, and he hides out there til they leave.
hide.gif
I ask the obvious questions "why didn't you go back inside?" "why didn't you have a weapon?" "why the railing, you could have fallen!" but alas, he was frozen in fear. Can't say I blame him much, but a grown man hiding from coons kinda gives you a chuckle. My main fear was this, if it really had been "Yogi", and he froze like that, he could have been in serious trouble. I guess the chore of scaring the wild animals is my job now
he.gif

So, man vs coons and the winner is the coons!!!
idunno.gif

Funny story.
gig.gif

I went nose to nose with a couple last week. I got down on my belly (raccoon height) and wiggled out the door to get these pics.

15498_img_0293.jpg

15498_img_0291.jpg

Imp

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom