The decomposition steps of castrating a cockerel ((GRAPHIC PICS!!!))

I am wondering where I can find a rib spreader like the one in the photos. It looks much better than the one I have. Paige, Salem Oregon

The guy who started this thread has what apears to be the best spreader I've seen anywhere, if you look through here you can find info on how to order from him. he best thing I've found here is called a Gelpi Retractor 3.5" has been my choice for size and try to get one with blunt tips (or file them down yourself).

I was hoping I could get some help from some of you guys on this thread. I have caponized about 70 birdS so far and become some what efficient but am still a COMPLETE novice at raising them. Some of my first could be slips because two or three are very rooster like. They were RIR and Barred Rocks. Since then I have done A Lot of buffs cause I got them real cheap.
If any of you have experience raising capons, have pics and wouldn't mind helping a novice could you please let me know. The surgery I've gotten down but everything else I need help on. Thanks so much.
oh and Chinese Capon's kit is by far the best and most efficient. the other ones dont even run a close second. the spreader is worth the money and once you get the tool with the wire or string down it is amazing.

In my case the slips became apparent, and I waited too long to cull. The thing that I noticed in the birds I did this year was the combs and wattles. The slips all had more color (or in most cases some) and far greater development.
The true capons had very little if any coloring and extremely underdeveloped combs. This bore out during processing as small amounts of testicular material were present in all suspected slips (some not so small either - where there must have been some regrowth - lesson learned about pulling the little "vein" that is attached out with the organ itself).
I have had some capons crow BTW, but it is very different from any rooster I've ever heard - muted and a different pitch.

Hello.. first post here.. I find the photo's origionally posted do not appear for me..
I there a way to see them some where else?
thanks

Yes, do a search at the top for capons or caponizing. One of the hits is Kassaundra's Graphic Pics of my day of caponizing (or some such, I forget) It has a LOT of info and pics of caponizing.

1、Get ready
180225cweeekxe59eej284.jpg

2、Catch a cockerel
1802358sswwws9tm6ptauu.jpg

3、Fastened the cockerel

180249jr0c4y04jy0oqcqz.jpg

4、Cut a small incision in the right place
1802598yuf5fvvgfr0vuwo.jpg

180310wv01dkskwtv1xwdx.jpg

5、Using the dilator to expand the incision

180322ng6pw3gwz9gwv93s.jpg

180332eu6kvqibyrvihj1r.jpg

180344mmwt3lq8z8tkmt0t.jpg

18035502ozon033m5m0dyg.jpg

6、Pierce the membrane in the middle (you should be careful of the arteries at this moment)

180405o0q4agjall10szwt.jpg

7、 Using the tweezers to take the upside of testicle

180419epkevpogbvgtgslp.jpg

180430vi5xq6x3xezpgzqa.jpg

8、 Using the wire to take the lower side of testicle

180439f000s1mkrs71ms15.jpg

180449fiwrtt66gm6gtwn6.jpg

1804573bx3nj3nynn6s80o.jpg

9、Remove the expansion, the completion of surgery

180509iljlkskjshllsllj.jpg

Does anyone know what breed of roosters these are?

Back
Top Bottom