The Diva Photo Shoot!!!! My Chicken Children.......

lol, well dont get attachted to those, sorry about your roosters, sexers arent always accurate
hugs.gif

still, they may be an early bloomer hen
hu.gif
What is it that makes them look like Roos? I'm trying to learn :) We were only gonna keep 6 to begin with but it seems like we got a little ripped off. How can they be THAT wrong?

What is it that makes them look like Roos? I'm trying to learn
smile.png

We were only gonna keep 6 to begin with but it seems like we got a little ripped off. How can they be THAT wrong?

Well the combs are VERY red for 3 week olds, hens usually have orange combs, at least for a long time

when they get old you will start to see sickle feathers (curly green pretty feathers) and pointed saddle feathers

Well the combs are VERY red for 3 week olds, hens usually have orange combs, at least for a long time

when they get old you will start to see sickle feathers (curly green pretty feathers) and pointed saddle feathers
Forgive my newbie ness. Green feathers? Where are saddle feathers? Thank u so much for helping me with this

Well I am gonna throw in my two cents......
Chickies 1,5,6,7,8,11,13.14 ...pullets
chickies 15,4 roo
chickies 2,3,9,10, iffy
NOW I will be curious to see how these sweeties look in a few weeks...:love

Thank u for your " two cents " ;)

I can definatley see 15 being a roo.

I will definatley load everyone up with more cuteness as the next few weeks pass. I love taking pics!

Okay wellt he SD card aint working, sorry, but i did get some pics

so those curly feathers are sickle feathers, in the light they usually shine green
they also have the hen feathers, the straight ones, but the sickle feathers usually cover them up

well this is a drawing but its an Ohiki, they have long sickle feathers and those white feathers that start off red are saddle feathers, Ohiki's are a long tail, when they are breed so they're tails and saddle feathers are longer, so wyandottes wont be this long but they will be obvious
also the feathers around his neck, hackle feathers, only roosters have ones that are pointed, also on hens they're saddle feathers will be pointed
this is a Wyandotte rooster, so you can get an idea

# 7 is my favorite, she/ he loves the camera and always follows the lens, that one has a great personality.

Once we pick out the 6 we are keeping, would you all help me name them? I'm so bad naming my pets. I could use some good ideas. I do wanna name one nugget though. I think that would be cute :)

I have 3 cats. I let the kids name them. They are Stormy, Milkshake, and Bacon, lol.

Thank u for your " two cents "
wink.png

I can definatley see 15 being a roo.
I will definatley load everyone up with more cuteness as the next few weeks pass. I love taking pics!

yeah we have some 8 week old cochins, 2 cockerals and 2 hens and a brahma hen, I would show you my cochin Splash, whose saddle feathers are VERY rounded like a hens should be, and our cockeral Danny who has red comb also Wlf who has red comb and wattles, our hen Oleo whose saddle feathers arent really rounded but she IS a hen

# 7 is my favorite, she/ he loves the camera and always follows the lens, that one has a great personality.
Once we pick out the 6 we are keeping, would you all help me name them? I'm so bad naming my pets. I could use some good ideas. I do wanna name one nugget though. I think that would be cute
smile.png

I have 3 cats. I let the kids name them. They are Stormy, Milkshake, and Bacon, lol.

LOL

well i have a hen named Oleo cause shes butter color, a buff orpington named Nugget (lol) but shes also called Opal, a hen named Coco Puff and a rooster named Gryphon
Gryphon is a golden duckwing OEGB mix, who has good saddle feathers and hackle feathers and sickle feathers, wish I could show you

Back
Top Bottom