The Duck Feet Thread

It would be interesting to do a side-by-side of a muscovy and a quacker to see the difference in claws.

-Kathy

That's a great shot Kathy. Looks like you took a Sharpie marker to the toes. Webbed feet are soo cool.
big_smile.png

Eeeee pretty toesies! Dang it, I really hate not having a camera. :/ I'll try to take a cruddy shot with my little game boy to show you guys what I mean. Google image search was utterly unhelpful.

:love I'm loving her fluffy little bum too

It's not so fluffy anymore, but it's MY lil' butt and I love it! Speaking of feets, I don't have a photo but can any white duck owners answer a question for me? Wobbles' nails are awfully thin and flimsy, to the point where they're a bit curled and hollow, so it requires extra special care when he's betting clipped. Bean's nails are sharp and arrow-straight, not a thing wrong with them.

Is this just something white ducks have, since they're unpigmented, or could it be a result of show-quality inbreeding? I know other white animals have skin and hair issues like Westies, and even eye problems seem to be commonplace with white domestic breeds. I'm guessing that's probably all it is.

Some horse people have commented on the white hooves being flakier than solid black hooves, so who knows?

-Kathy

Eeeee pretty toesies! Dang it, I really hate not having a camera. :/ I'll try to take a cruddy shot with my little game boy to show you guys what I mean. Google image search was utterly unhelpful.
Please do. Wanna see pics of Wobs' feets. And Bean's too.

Back
Top Bottom