The Duck Thread

I remember reading the heating pad on a home made incubator and home made cooler incubator about 6 months ago. When I had one of my surgeries . We where going to make one. And a guy had made an aquirium incubator and temporarily used a heating pad on eggs tell his part came in.

:celebrate

Help! A fox got one of my chickens and my drake went after the fox to protect everyone and got attacked. I have wiped down the wound as best as I could an I can't actually see much but it looks like he just has a small puncher wound. What do I do?

The first picture is before I wiped him down. He is walking and seems ok I guess I'm think in gonna keep him in with me today and put him back with the girls tomorrow

Last edited:
I love my ducks but the males want to breed with my geese. I have been letting them all run together but now I'm gonna separate them for a while. I want to build a pond for them but can't decide on what type to do. any ideas would be nice. Thanks.

I had this happen to some of my chicks and I dumped peroxide on the wound and dabbed off the excess to dry some cause that will clean the wound out and put on some antibiotic ointment..twice a day .. I used liquid bandaid that I had on hand for my grandkids for one of my newly hatched ducks cause it's umbilical cord got ripped of to close and bled so I stopped bleeding and put on two coats liquid bandaid..and it's alive and running just as strong as the rest are..

Last edited:
I had this happen to some of my chicks and I dumped peroxide on the wound and dabbed off the excess to dry some cause that will clean the wound out and put on some antibiotic ointment..twice a day .. I used liquid bandaid that I had on hand for my grandkids for one of my newly hatched ducks cause it's umbilical cord got ripped of to close and bled so I stopped bleeding and put on two coats liquid bandaid..and it's alive and running just as strong as the rest are..

Yeah it isn't bleeding anymore and he seems ok. He is chilling in a laundry basket with some blankets and water with apple cider vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom