The Duck Thread

Thank you so much I'm hoping my Apple yards yield several ducks and I hope I don't have to separate them. I'm about put a divider in my Turken coop for our 5 peacocks. Family is growing.

TeamKelBoMorrison
Oh that's right I forgot you have ducklings in your house right? and peas too I'd say the family is growing by leaps and bounds.. You have been on the Pea thread right? an@casportpony also has peas
smile.png

Foot does look great!  Are you keeping him confined and off the knee as much as possible?  How is he doing appetite wise and preening, etc?

He is not allowed out of their pen, for the most part he is just laying down but he will hop around and get in the house occasionally. I'm not sure how much he is eating when he is in the pen since they share the food but I always give him food when he is soaking and he's been eating maybe 3/4 to a cup of food then idk if that is normal or less or more since Idk how much he ate to begin with. I will say when he pooped during his soak it appeared as though he is eating. He is preening and keeping himself clean. After we clean the pool for the evening we put him in and he splashes around and cleans himself then we take him to soak. He also preens while he soaks.

Oh that's right I forgot you have ducklings in your house right? and peas too I'd say the family is growing by leaps and bounds.. You have been on the Pea thread right?  an@casportpony
also has peas    
:)
Thanks for the Pea thread. And yes 8 Apple yards in the house. Hope they yeild lots of ducks. And on a sadder note...We lost our lil T-T this morning. He hatched with his legs curled up he was two weeks old and he didn't jump up this morning we I said good morning to everyone this morning. I was holding him when he looked up at me flapped hard one last time and slowly closed his eyes... I lost it needless to say. I'm gonna bury him with his lil match box jacked up truck I was gonna rig h up some wheels to roll.
He knew how much we loved him and hard we tried to help him have a good life while he was with us. He will be missed very much. He was uplifting in every way.

TeamKelBoMorrison

Thanks for the Pea thread. And yes 8 Apple yards in the house. Hope they yeild lots of ducks. And on a sadder note...We lost our lil T-T this morning. He hatched with his legs curled up he was two weeks old and he didn't jump up this morning we I said good morning to everyone this morning. I was holding him when he looked up at me flapped hard one last time and slowly closed his eyes... I lost it needless to say. I'm gonna bury him with his lil match box jacked up truck I was gonna rig h up some wheels to roll. He knew how much we loved him and hard we tried to help him have a good life while he was with us. He will be missed very much. He was uplifting in every way.

TeamKelBoMorrison
So sorry. it is heart breaking to lose them he was precious. He doesn't need wheels now he can run and jump all he wants.
hugs.gif

RENEE!!! I love this!! Oh, now you have my mind working again....

Thanks so much. I'm not sure about the duck house, but I do plan to incorporate the fenced area out into the water. I also need to look into filters, etc.

Here's my basic pond, a few months ago, with 2 of my drakes
(10 more need to be moved there soon!)

This was when we first started digging it a few years ago

And a pretty picture last fall

Beautiful pond! I can't imagine how much my ducks would love that, especially Jasper...

Thanks for the Pea thread. And yes 8 Apple yards in the house. Hope they yeild lots of ducks. And on a sadder note...We lost our lil T-T this morning. He hatched with his legs curled up he was two weeks old and he didn't jump up this morning we I said good morning to everyone this morning. I was holding him when he looked up at me flapped hard one last time and slowly closed his eyes... I lost it needless to say. I'm gonna bury him with his lil match box jacked up truck I was gonna rig h up some wheels to roll. He knew how much we loved him and hard we tried to help him have a good life while he was with us. He will be missed very much. He was uplifting in every way.

TeamKelBoMorrison
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Hugs for the both of you.

Back
Top Bottom