The Duck Thread

I've got a question about my muscovy ducks:
When you clip a ducks wings will the new flight feathers grow over the old clipped ones or will they grow in when the old clipped feathers fall out? And when should I clip the new flight feathers if they are growing in?

I've got a question about my muscovy ducks:
When you clip a ducks wings will the new flight feathers grow over the old clipped ones or will they grow in when the old clipped feathers fall out? And when should I clip the new flight feathers if they are growing in?
when they molt and old feathers fall out new ones replace them,. so only have to clip 1X a year after they finish molting.

Quick question. What doe it mean if one of my ducklings is breathing pretty fast. Mouth is closed no panting but pretty quick breaths compared to the other one

How old is the duckling, and what is the temperature in the brooder?  They can overheat and that can be serious.

Nervousness also causes panting.

I'm not quite sure how hot it is in there because I haven't gotten a thermometer yet. I went out today and the store I went to didn't have any and I was running late so I couldn't get one. She is 4 days. The other one is breathing just fine though. Her mouth isn't open, no panting

Different ducklings seem to have slightly different comfort and healthy ranges. I would lower the heat and watch for 20 minutes.

They have food and water 24/7, yes?

Different ducklings seem to have slightly different comfort and healthy ranges.  I would lower the heat and watch for 20 minutes.

They have food and water 24/7, yes?
I turned off their lamp for a minute to let it cool down then raised it further away and turned it back on. She's breathing fine now so it must have been the heat. Weird because no panting

Back
Top Bottom