The Duck Thread

Thank you everyone for the congrats and compliments on Bugs and her babies. Total 13 hatched, she sat on 14. She's an awesome Momma. I have very sad news to report. We lost Boo to a Bobcat this morning:hit Before I realized what was going on and got out the door with the shotgun, it carried her off. We had to put one of our Great Pyrenees down just a couple of weeks ago and I know this would not have happened if he was still with us:hit RIP Boo, we love you. Baby Boo will carry your legacy on.:love
So sorry :hugs

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

[COLOR=333333]Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Thanks![/COLOR]

Khaki Campbell's r one of the only breeds that get along with mallards besides other mallards, just letting you know I hope u find some! If give ya some but I live in NY

Khaki Campbell's r one of the only breeds that get along with mallards besides other mallards, just letting you know I hope u find some! If give ya some but I live in NY
That's helpful! We had a dozen WH eggs we were incubating along with the Mallards but many ended up to be not fertilized. Do you have any ducklings or only mature birds? Where in NY are you?

I am waiting for a friend to check when she gets back.

You could order a batch of ducklings from a hatchery or breeder if you can't find a loner.

Give the little one a mirror and a little fuzzy stuffed animal so it doesn't get too lonely.

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

I'd recommend going on craigs list and searching for mallard ducklings near you for sale, it might be hard to find some though due to the fact that it's still winter. But like @AxolotlLove said Khaki Campbell's and Mallards are what you should be looking for due to the fact that not many duck breeds get along with mallards.

Hope this is helpful

I am waiting for a friend to check when she gets back.

You could order a batch of ducklings from a hatchery or breeder if you can't find a loner.

Give the little one a mirror and a little fuzzy stuffed animal so it doesn't get too lonely.
Not a good time of year to order ducklings from a hatchery we see this every year people get enthused and order too early and lose the poor things because it's just too cold to ship. @learycow may have ducklings.She is in Southern Maine

Last edited:
That's helpful!  We had a dozen WH eggs we were incubating along with the Mallards but many ended up to be not fertilized.  Do you have any ducklings or only mature birds?  Where in NY are you?

I live near Geneva NY, (I live in Junius) I have only mature ducks, at the moment but if you can't get any ducklings, get a single hand raised mallard or khaki (female), the older duck will get used to the baby after a few days and they'll become friends. Good luck once again!

Here's some of my darlings!
This is Freddie

Here's Hershey Kisses

DJ Quack

Derpy

Gibby

Samantha Rose

Carly

Jalepeño

Farkle and Charm

Sarah

I also have 6 cayugas but I don't have any good photos of them they're named Nala, Taco Bell, Lilly, Jazzy, Boss, and Tahla

Back
Top Bottom