The Duck Thread

Sad to report the Muscovy egg incubating didn't go so well. It was the first batch with my new Hovabator and I just couldn't get the humidity up and stable for lock down. Of 10 eggs only 4 internally pipped. I had to assist 2 hatches. All others DIS
hit.gif

Looks like we have two brown barred.

Last edited:
Sad to report the Muscovy egg incubating didn't go so well.  It was the first batch with my new Hovabator and I just couldn't get the humidity up and stable for lock down. Of 10 eggs only 4 internally pipped.  I had to assist 2 hatches.  All others DIS:hit

Looks like we have two brown barred.

Oh I'm so sorry! A muscovy breeder once told me to keep muscovy eggs under a chicken or a duck for the first 2 weeks before putting them in the incubator

Mine fly the previous owner has told me.they used to fly somewhere else for winter and stay with her in the spring and summer. I haven't seen it. But I have only had them a few weeks.

I know this is the duck forum, but I am fond of this forum and the people on it lol. The chicken one is foreign to me. And even tho they're not as cute as ducklings, my husband's surprise chicks are still cute :) there are ten of them. One of the Rhode Island Reds has a broken wing tho :(

Last edited:

I know this is the duck forum, but I am fond of this forum and the people on it lol. The chicken one is foreign to me. And even tho they're not as cute as ducklings, my husband's surprise chicks are still cute
smile.png
there are ten of them. One of the Rhode Island Reds has a broken wing tho
sad.png

They are very cute. Sorry to hear about the broken wing. Are y'all going to try and splint it or something?

Do Muscovies grow slower than other ducklings? I'm kind of worried about my two. They are eating but not growing much. They don't drink as much and their poop volume is way less than the other ducklings I've had. And, they don't play in their water like the others
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom