The EE braggers thread!!!

Pics

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
This is the thread where multi colored eggs, leggs and feathers are not only tolerated they are CELEBRATED!!!
lol.png

These beautiful hearty birds are not Amerikana-wanna-be's, but a colorful personality packed part of many back yard flocks, exhibiting great hybrid vigor - a real American backyard breed! Please post your pics proudly!
big_smile.png

This is my oldest hen Roy; she laid a jumbo mint green egg a day through her 6th year, this year at 7 she cut back to about 5 a week. I call her color Buff Columbian . . .

19992_01-01-09_099.jpg

This is Little baby, my customers call her "pheasant colored" and all want to buy chicks like her lol! She lays a light brown egg every day . . . in the most creative places!

19992_color_patterns001.jpg

These are Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks, they each lay an egg a day, one light green one light brown - they came from Extreme Game birds in Texas

19992_black_australorps006.jpg

And last but not least, this was Fancy Pants. She was our house favorite personality. She loved my husband and broke into his shop everyday in order to lay her egg on his desk (which included kicking all of his papers onto the floor) . . . unfortunately she alway had egg issues; soft shells, rock hard shells, double yolks (huge) etc. I had to put her down last month when she became eggbound and it broke inside her . . .

19992_black_australorps004.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread Katy! I LOVE my EE's - I've got them in LF, bantam and even some that carry the silkie feathering gene. Got 'em with all different colored feathers, different colored legs, and different colored toenails - some with single combs, some with rose combs, some with pea combs. They lay eggs that are small and large, blue, green, pinkish, and brownish - collecting eggs is always a surprise. Each bird is unique, and thats what I love about them!

Here's my roo "Blue", hangin' out with his ladies, and the second pic is Hawkeye and Dotty:

20890_blueharem.jpg

20890_hawkeyedotty.jpg

This gal I thought would lay a blue/green egg, laid me a pretty olive egg. Love it..so..not an EE, but an OE. :) She's by the Marans roo I kept for a while. Man, he was only 4 and a half months here, but looking good. I thought then, if I could just keep him long enough until she started to lay, then I could get me a possible OE layer, because of the blue/green and marans brown mix. Little did I know..she would give me one.
20170724_133634.jpg

Here is her first egg, it's a bit larger now.
IMG_1042.JPG

Back
Top Bottom