The EE braggers thread!!!

My EE doing her impression of Gonzo

I am so pleased with the EE's that Cackle gave me! They have such big puffy cheeks and pretty colors! I am still waiting for an egg from Blondie though, but hopefully it will be soon! I can't wait to hatch eggs from them and order more from Cackle hatchery in March!
[/URL]
You are soo luckY!! Here in SA they doint have hatcheries so we cant buy chicks/chickens online!!
he.gif

Mine just turned 5 weeks today! She's finally more feathered in and is looking as if she will be a beautiful bird. Still quite a ways to go until I can get any eggs though...

Just had a neat thought!How awesome would it be if we experimented with the color of some EE's that have that mottling/speckled look on their heads and bred for the speckled look all over their bodies!?With the EE's different colors that would be beautiful I think!
smile.png

What speckled heads are you referring to? The speckled chick shown recently is just a young plumage phase, it will change as it grows up. Most Easter Eggers are simply wheaten, duckwing, or partridge types with a few random genes that make for their differences, such as melanizer, blue, columbian, to name some. No Easter Egger has true mottling except for homemade types. (mottling as in the mottled gene, what makes white tips on the feathers) However if you mean a colored bird with black tips on every feather, that would be spangling, which can be done but you'd have to introduce the pattern gene into your flock, most likely via non-Easter Eggers, then continue breeding and knowing what you're doing. Get some homozygous (pure) Columbian, perhaps some pure Wheaten (so, choose only mostly solid brown/orange hens or white hens with little amounts of black in the neck and tail) then introduce the pattern gene into those. Make sure your roosters of choice do not have solid black or mostly black breasts, but instead have either red, white, or red with black tips or white with black tips on the breast.

Up close shots of feathers like that with no description on what feathers I'm looking at (the last photo) doesn't help. The head says pullet, but honestly just a normal full body shot really goes a long way with helping us help you.
smile.png

Up close shots of feathers like that with no description on what feathers I'm looking at (the last photo) doesn't help.  The head says pullet, but honestly just a normal full body shot really goes a long way with helping us help you. :)
K don't have recent full body shots but in order: head shot, tail shot, saddle feathers, saddle feather coming in.

Back
Top Bottom