The EE braggers thread!!!

I think this Rooster is a EE not sure. What kind is he does anyone know?

It has a muff like a EE but features of the
Sicilian Buttercup Chicken

Breed Information:

The Sicilian Buttercup chicken was reportedly imported to America in 1835 and not until 1918 admitted to the American Standard of Perfection. The Sicilian Buttercup chicken originated on the Island of Sicily. It has a beautiful cup-shaped comb. A great barnyard or show fowl that is sure to please everyone. It is a delicate bird and is not winter hardy as most breeds of chickens are. The Sicilian Buttercup Chicken does not take well to confinement and more of a free range very active chicken. This chicken breed also does not go broody.

An Easter Egger is a bird that lays a colored egg it can be blue, green and even pink and is not a specific breed correct?! If that be the case I'd say he is probably a EE with Sicilian butter cup in the mix. That is just my guess though.

Glad to know he is a roo then. I let my son take some of our birds to a FFA show at their school yesterday. My birds have never been out of our quiet backyard, but I thought no big deal, he really wanted to do this project. Well a horse went nuts kicking at a cow, the cow got loose, kids were running and screaming. All seemed to turn out well, the cow was caught, the kids were all fine. When I got back over to wear my birds and son was we noticed our rooster was panting hard and had his wings kinda spread but limpy. I got him out and put him in my lap and tried to give him some water and within just a few mins he started jerking and just died in my arms, I was so devastated. I only had 1 roo and he was great. Good hawk alerter, made sure all the girls were in on time and well taken care of and good with kids. I sure hope this new roo then can be as good as he was, my girls really seem depressed w/out their man to protect and take care.
sad.png
Hi I live in Az and it sounds like he had heat stroke. It could have been acerbated by the stress of never leaving your property previously and they stress of what he heard going on. I am sorry you lost him.

Hi I live in Az and it sounds like he had heat stroke. It could have been acerbated by the stress of never leaving your property previously and they stress of what he heard going on. I am sorry you lost him.
I think it was also. Fuzzybutt gave me some good ideas of having a bucket of water with me to dunk them in and maybe some buttermilk. Hard way to learn though
sad.png
Thank you

Glad to know he is a roo then. I let my son take some of our birds to a FFA show at their school yesterday. My birds have never been out of our quiet backyard, but I thought no big deal, he really wanted to do this project. Well a horse went nuts kicking at a cow, the cow got loose, kids were running and screaming. All seemed to turn out well, the cow was caught, the kids were all fine. When I got back over to wear my birds and son was we noticed our rooster was panting hard and had his wings kinda spread but limpy. I got him out and put him in my lap and tried to give him some water and within just a few mins he started jerking and just died in my arms, I was so devastated. I only had 1 roo and he was great. Good hawk alerter, made sure all the girls were in on time and well taken care of and good with kids. I sure hope this new roo then can be as good as he was, my girls really seem depressed w/out their man to protect and take care.
sad.png
I'm so sorry :(

My 22 week old pullet at work !!!!!!

2 nd day at work and she get's a little disturbed if anything
get's close and she now has 21 egg's ..
cool.png
Wow! I didn't know they went broody that young! Mine are 20 weeks today, and I'm still just waiting for eggs! lol

Back
Top Bottom