The EE braggers thread!!!

You don't have the typical Easter Eggers that we have here in the U.S. But you do have Araucana mixes. You might be able to find a few non-standard Araucana. Those would be considered Easter Eggers.

I
I have no idea..

How do you get an egg to Australia in time for it to still be fertile?

I bet the import/export paper work would take years to do.
know people do ship hatching eggs through customs I can't think of anyone specifically but you could start a thread, people import birds as well but eggs I think is the way to go. I hatch eggs after a month with no problem on occasion so a couple weeks shipping. With enough eggs... I think you can do it. If there was someone who did it they might know just what to do!

Two EE cuties I hatched yesterday, from EE moms and by either EE or Legbar dads

I
know people do ship hatching eggs through customs I can't think of anyone specifically but you could start a thread, people import birds as well but eggs I think is the way to go. I hatch eggs after a month with no problem on occasion so a couple weeks shipping. With enough eggs... I think you can do it. If there was someone who did it they might know just what to do!

I just found the requirements. They are not easy to meet. I think an NPIP flock would qualify here as they are I basically a quarantine.

However the eggs need to be hatched in a special facility as best as I can read this, and the chicks reared in the facility until they are proven to be free of pathogens.

I read somewhere the facility must be rented out in whole, the cost is $44,000. I believe that is AU$.

I had to call the USDA to get the info.

here is the website.

https://bicon.agriculture.gov.au/Bi...entPk=399721&EvaluationPhase=ImportDefinition

Back
Top Bottom