The EE braggers thread!!!

Think 2 are from my own eggs, 6 from hers

Hello, folks. After months of searching for the right breed for me, I have found that the breed I find the most appealing is not a breed at all: it's the Easter Egger, the unofficial landrace fowl of America. These birds are a bizarre assortment of just about any breed, but they all have one thing in common: they can all hail the Araucauna as one of their founding breeds. And while my orderly personality prefers a more orderly chicken, I cannot help but like the surprises you can find in Easter Eggers. Here's some shots of mine. They are all about two years old: Buttons. She stopped laying about a year ago for reasons unknown, but other than that is my healthiest EE hen. She used to lay green eggs. Lou-ella. She is very personable and lays a pretty pale-green egg. Pumpkin. As you can see, she is a favorite of the boys. Here she is sitting on her pale green eggs. Thorin. He is one of the best roosters I've had. In honor of Independence Day, here's a shot of him with the Stars and Stripes in the background. Cleo. She was taken by a predator last year...I do not know what kind. She went broody off in the brambles where I couldn't reach her, and disappeared shortly thereafter. She laid pinkish eggs. In the background is Balin when he was younger...he is my second-best EE rooster in appearance and first best in his manners with the girls. Here's another of Thorin, in mid-crow. Someday, I would like to breed EE's for a few general characteristics: pea combs, beards, broodiness, and bluish-green eggs. But I have made so many plans that didn't work out that I think I'll just say that it's a dream, not a reality. :p ~Gresh~
Beautiful flock! Do you have pictures of them as young'uns? I think my little six-week old EE will look like Cleo (except she has bright yellow legs like her RIR? father). I'm with you on having color variety in the chickens and in eggs. Good luck on your project.

I had a hatch yesterday my last of the year for EE. I only had a half a dozen or so EE. But look at this little guy he is so cute. He already has the beginnings of tufts and muffs. Now if he just had a home to go to. (I am guessing HE on the theory the cute ones are all roosters)..
That second photo is so adorable with her(?) "Aren't I cute?" pose.

Our blue ameraucana X EE blended are very sexable at day old by the wing feathers
Can't wait to have a few grow out so we can.see what they lay.

We've bought in some blue & splash marans to go for a dark green egg
1f601.png

EE sexing at a day old!?! You may have made a landmark EE discovery. Does it matter what the EE cross is? Is it the blue am roo making the designator? Does it matter what color the babies are? Perhaps you should post pictures and info - you may be famous someday (if you aren't already).

EE sexing at a day old!?! You may have made a landmark EE discovery. Does it matter what the EE cross is? Is it the blue am roo making the designator? Does it matter what color the babies are? Perhaps you should post pictures and info - you may be famous someday (if you aren't already).

There are many that claim they can sex any chick be wing feathers at a day old. I am not one. I have tried it and am right around 50% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom