The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
woot.gif
Its that time of year!

I was out enjoying watching the chickens this afternoon, and was bitten by the first mosquito of the year.
lol.png
The zapper is now plugged in; my chickens learned last year that it produces fried bugs to boost their protein for those fertile eggs.
gig.gif

Quote:
What are you breeding for?

Most of the offspring from this pen will be 75% EE 25% Buff Orpington. The others will have the same BOxEE father but will have a half Wyandotte mother. My goal is for a cushion combed green egg layer and possibly lightly feathered legs and a small crest, that will have a "full" meaty breast. in the future I will probably be adding some Silkie to bring in some of those genes.

I personally like the crest, small muffs and small beards but I am wondering what you find attractive in "lightly feathered legs". Clean legs are neater to me.

Quote:
What are you breeding for?

Most of the offspring from this pen will be 75% EE 25% Buff Orpington. The others will have the same BOxEE father but will have a half Wyandotte mother. My goal is for a cushion combed green egg layer and possibly lightly feathered legs and a small crest, that will have a "full" meaty breast. in the future I will probably be adding some Silkie to bring in some of those genes.

Quote:

I guess I will see how it looks, about the small beards, usually chickens with small ones only have one copy of the gene and consiquently dont breed true. I will keep both bearded and non bearded ones.

It's the MUD and stuff that collects on the feathers.
sickbyc.gif
but Don't forget to show us your project.

Quote:

I guess I will see how it looks, about the small beards, usually chickens with small ones only have one copy of the gene and consiquently dont breed true. I will keep both bearded and non bearded ones.

I've had heavy, feathered legged breeds before (not for eating) and they didn't work for me cause of the mud they got into in winter but they sure were adorable!!! Seriously so cute! Now my BCMs all have lightly feathered legs but they are no trouble to keep clean. Very different than the heavy feathered feet from my chickens before. Just curious, when eating them why would you pluck the legs? I mean don't you just discard them? I've never eaten one of my marans but if I did I would just skin the carcass. I don't like to leave the skin on dark feathered birds. The black spots aren't very appetizing. Anyway...

Happy Saint Patty's Day everyone!!! Hope you all had a great one!

Quote:
Don't want to gross anyone out here, but somethings in other cultures are used that people in America throw out. Like heads and feet. Daughter-in-law is Thai. Spend much time in what we call third world, and you will see things eaten that you would never in your life have thought people would eat. It gives new meaning to the word "Survival".

Back
Top Bottom