The EE braggers thread!!!

010-1.jpg

Quote:
OMG those little naked necks are just beautiful!!!!
I want some of those!!!
BTW I can't believe you havent found a good rooster, all of my roosters but one have been extremelly friendly, even one that look to be the meanest thing ever he is such s cute easy to handle boy!

I haven't seen many people post pics of tailless EE. I personally think it is cool, just depends on if you like that trait and want it passed to future generations. (that is if you plan on making your own future generations)

Quote:
I'm not experienced enough to rule out the hen having the two copies of recessive white necessary to cause white feathering, but I would think it far more likely its the silver gene causing her to be white with a scattering of black, perhaps with a copy of dominate white. Silver is sexlinked in favor of the males, so guessing she has two copies of silver.

My guess, right or wrong, is based on the fact that pure silver blocks red very well, but will allow black to show, especially when combined with patterning genes................................... one copy of dominate white will not block red well at all, but will allow relativly small amounts of black to show. She appears white with a scattering of black and no red showing in her pic, and I don't think a pure recessive white would show much if any black, especially if accompanied by silver.
idunno.gif
If she had only one copy of dominate white, 1/2 of her chicks would not inherit it.

She is totally white, her son is the one with some black. Hens can only have one copy of silver. I had not thought of her having one copy of dominant white, but since she is totally white I think it is most likely recessive white. thanks.

They're gone!! 6 of my 7 EE's are gone. Not a feather anywhere to be found. I have walked around the neighborhood. Nothing. Lone roo is walking up and down the treeline in the backyard calling for them. Nothing. They were all there and fine when I opened the run to let them out this morning.

Back
Top Bottom