The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I'm so sorry
hugs.gif
Hopeful you find out what happened.
hugs.gif

Quote:
OMG I am really sorry for your loose I know how it feels, it feels horrible. I am sorry hopefully they are just playing hide and seek and soon they'll come out.

A member down in southern ca just reported that her best birds have been removed from a locked pen overnight. Sounds as if we are experiencing an episode of chicken rustling. If your birds were hiding the rooster would know.

Hello! I always lurk on this thread, but I wanted to drop in to say that I am hatching my first chickens (having never owned chickens before) as we speak! I began with 8 Welsummer, 7 Speckled Sussex, and 6 EE eggs. All 6 of the EE eggs developed, and, of my first 6 hatched chicks (on day 20!), 5 of them are EEs! They're hearty, doughty little fellows (as to not get too attached, they are all male until proven otherwise
wink.png
). Right now, they are still keeping company in the incubator, but I'll post some pics when they are in the brooder and dry. Until then, here was my first little one that I woke up to this morning, an EE (I originally was going to name him Chestnut, but he has been kicking eggs, pecking, and hollering so much that his name is now Brutus):
80987_img_6452.jpg

bun.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Quote:
Hi neighbor! I'm down over the hills in Gaston County, NC. Blue Ridge country is FABULOUS!!! It's were I try to spend a good time of my summers. Sure beats the heat and craziness of the city!

How do you know these little buggers are boys already??!!

Love your avatar picture!!

About 6:30 they started straggling home. I have nooooooo idea where they went. I've got to let them out and range as they have gotten too big for their current pen and between chemo and weather I haven't been able to finish their new tractor. (I'm splitting them up, I've ended up with 2 roos) The rooster that was left behind was NOT happen with any of them when they got back!!

Quote:
Thanks! My avatar is my wonderful dog Talli. She's an Australian Blue Heeler. She's petrified of cows, but she's a fantastic herder of cats!
tongue.png
(The cats disagree.
wink.png
)
I love the Blue Ridge as well. My DH and I actually honeymooned in Hot Springs, NC. (We took Talli and stayed in a dog-friendly cabin to do day hikes.) Absolutely beautiful.
As for my chickies, I'm just assuming they are boys until proved otherwise. This way, I figure I'll be presently surprised to discover that I have some pullets rather than the other way around.
lau.gif
Anyhow, I adore them all whether it's good for me or not right now.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom