The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
droolin.gif

Quote:
I'm glad they are back!

is there any chance of getting some local bycers to help you put a tractor together??? mine freerange, but i am home most the time-

Quote:
Thanks! My avatar is my wonderful dog Talli. She's an Australian Blue Heeler. She's petrified of cows, but she's a fantastic herder of cats!
tongue.png
(The cats disagree.
wink.png
)
I love the Blue Ridge as well. My DH and I actually honeymooned in Hot Springs, NC. (We took Talli and stayed in a dog-friendly cabin to do day hikes.) Absolutely beautiful.
As for my chickies, I'm just assuming they are boys until proved otherwise. This way, I figure I'll be presently surprised to discover that I have some pullets rather than the other way around.
lau.gif
Anyhow, I adore them all whether it's good for me or not right now.
clap.gif

I've got 2! Katie is my 1year old. She is in training to be my next Service Dog. Katie is deaf. My last Service Dog was my first Heeler, Spook. We lost her last summer at the age of 12. Icee is my 2year old Lethal White Heeler/Lab mix. Icee is deaf and blind.

Katie
k121010.jpg

Icee
I3311C.jpg

Spook
n_a.jpg

Love the Hot Springs area. Spook and I used to backpack up there. There is a nice trail that goes out along the river that was pretty easy for older dogs. The new girls and I haven't tried backpacking yet. The campground right there on 209 has a big "camp in" every year for hammock campers. LOVE my backpacking hammock, no more sleeping on the ground, lol.

Quote:
I'm up in Augusta County. Hello, neighbor!
frow.gif

Quote:
Your pups are beautiful! My DH's family used to breed heelers when he was a kid, so he can have no other dog. We got Talli from the SPCA a few years ago, and I have fallen in love with the breed as well. They are so intelligent and earnest. Incidentally, I'm an English teacher for kids who are deaf and kids who are blind.
smile.png

On another note, my hatch is almost complete! I'm still waiting on 4 eggs, but 5 of the 6 Easter Eggers have hatched. Here they are:
80987_img_6622.jpg
80987_img_6603.jpg
80987_img_6653.jpg

D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

ChestnutRidge, Congrats on your EE chicks! I really like the color of the darker ones, what were they bred from? Just put my first eggs of this year in the incubator so may have some pics to share in 3 weeks.

Quote:
I honestly don't know. I bought all of my hatching eggs from Gabbard Farms. I hadn't really done enough research; now I think I will only order eggs from small breeders of a specific breed or two, but these eggs worked out well for my first time and all arrived intact. I really like the dark ones as well! I'm thinking they will grow up to be black, but I am hoping for a little grey.
fl.gif

Good luck with your hatch! Are they from your flock, or did you order them from somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom