The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
You have some of the prettiest Easter Eggers I've seen to date.
smile.png

wow, thanks! i think they are pretty cute but i have had them since they were 2-3 days old so i am a bit biased
wink.png

Quote:
Beautiful EEs. The first roo is a gold duckwing. The gold bluish one is most likely a gold duckwing with the Columbia gene and the blue gene.

thanks for that clarification....duckwing...will have to look more into it.

Quote:
Araucanas are rumpless and have tufts. Ameraucanas are larger, have a tail, lack tufts, and have beards/muffs. ETA: also, Araucanas have yellow skin whereas Ameraucanas have white skin.

Thanks!

Quote:
I had one with that issue - "Cross Beak" is what I heard it was called. Unfortunately, it got more severe over time and I had to euthanize her as she was slowly starving to death.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/58980_xb_small.jpg

Thanks for the info..no her lower beak is longer than the top, so when I asked on here, someone said it was a Monkey beak.. Neither lower or higher are crossed or deformed...just the lower is longer.
hmm.png

Quote:
I had one with that issue - "Cross Beak" is what I heard it was called. Unfortunately, it got more severe over time and I had to euthanize her as she was slowly starving to death.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/58980_xb_small.jpg

Thanks for the info..no her lower beak is longer than the top, so when I asked on here, someone said it was a Monkey beak.. Neither lower or higher are crossed or deformed...just the lower is longer.
hmm.png

That's a relief HoP! I really liked my little "CB" as I called her and it was a bummer to have to get rid of her.

well. I just looked up Monkey beak and can't find anything about it..has anyone heard of a lower beak being longer than the top?? I know she won't or can't pick up worms unless I hold them in my hand..she eats but I suppose its hard for her..someone suggested using a dremel on her lower beak, but honestly, I don't think I could do it with hurting her. I can't even use in on my dogs..(Of course they are all big babies)
tongue.png

I was told mariposa was an americauna, but looking at her next to my brahma pullet I wonder if she isn't part brahma due to her hackle feathers... probably not since she doesnt have feathery legs and isnt GIANT, but their necks look at lot alike. Oh, and I think she broke her toe, its crooked but kinda cute!
85560_dscf2036.jpg

85560_dscf2051.jpg

85560_dscf2038.jpg

I ahven't posted here in a long time, but my new discovered Easter Egger deserves a post here.
So back in january I bought this little pullet who was just about 3 weeks old, I bought her as a Maran, but she had a pea comb so I thought she was just a crossed with something else, it never really crossed my mind that it'd be crossed with an Easter egger since she is cleaned face. But as she grew up I started to suspect that maybe she had some Easter egger or Ameraucana on her, and well today she gave me the big surprise a beautiful blueish greenish egg, its sooo beautiful. here is my beautiful girl!
11.jpg

12.jpg

16%20(3).jpg

Yep, shes got really pale legs... not green like an EE is supposed to be. I'm keeping the fingers crossed for green eggs, but my momma said if she lays brown or white she'll trade me an australorp for an EE since she has 6! Mariposa has a super cute personality, she acts like she doesn't want to see me, and screams when I touch her, but rubs up against my hand while she's hollering. Today she walked all over my lap when I hung out in the coop. Gotta love girls with personality.

Back
Top Bottom