The EE braggers thread!!!

I was successful in making sex link EEs

I had a white EE rooster and barred rock hens and I bred them together and I was sucessful, I got solid black hens and white and black roosters. The hens are so pretty but the rooster on the other hand is just weird looking.
I will try to post pictures later tonight.

I am excited to see what color eggs I get out of them.

Quote:
The slate legs is on the EEs that I don't have at the moment. It was an identification error when I was picking up my chicks from the hatchery group order - I have two dark Cornish that aren't mine - and eventually the error will be fixed (trading the chicks).

My fingers are crossed for at least one of the girls to lay a blue/green egg. Just have to wait at least another seven weeks or so. Not too worked up in that department - I'm patient as a rock.

Although I do hope something comes up before then that can make this mystery solvable.

Some of my EEs:

Rusty roo:

Rusty1.jpg

and friends:

EE3.jpg

EE4.jpg

I am interested in seeing the pictures of these birds. I have a beautiful white Am cockerel and a bunch of mixed hens. I was thinking of making sex link by using Dominique hens I prefer the pea or rose comb birds. But I think a hen with mahogany will work also because I do not want any weird looking birds male or female.
gig.gif
gig.gif

Quote:

Here's Angel Eyes. We had to get rid of him because of the crowing but he's free ranging it out at my FIL house

IMG_0033.jpg

He's EE x BLR or BLG I think. He's got beautiful lacing all over his chest. I couldn't get a shot of him from the front because some guys came outside and he seemed scared of them and ran off
In this one you can kinda see some of the lacing, he's a gentle roo but doesn't have any ladies right now. He was born last November.

IMG_0032.jpg

I'll have to get out there and take some updated pics of my EE hens to share with everyone.
wee.gif
I'm lovin' this thread!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

I will try to post some as soon as I can. The hens are beautiful, The rooster is still growing so who knows what he will look like until he is full grown with all his feathers

I love easter egger breding projects! I'm trying to do a quasi-crele easter egger project right now, (I say quasi because I don't know how it will turn out in the end haha)
I don't think the roo is weird looking, but then again I can't see his face too good

Back
Top Bottom