The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Haha, wasn't sure which ailing animal you meant! I don't believe my human husband is contagious, not sure what it would do at this point. We have the paste ivermectin, guess he could take it in peanut butter to offset the taste. Bash is my barn husband, LOL.

It's not about the lungs exclusively. It's about the receptors in the body. Nicotine helps block those receptors.
I'm just browsing the website at random right now. You're thinking of ACE2 receptors though. I'm just quitting nicotine right now after having used it for the past month for the specific purpose of blocking said receptors

Wonderful chemical when used medicinally

I get what you're saying, but I don't want nicotine in my body for any reason, no more than most prescription drugs. I'll tell Tom about it, but I can almost guarantee his answer.
The native Americans used tobacco as medicinal herb. I actually think it is helping me. Since it is transdermal it has nothing to do with lungs as it isn’t inhaled. I was very skeptical also.

Did you get addicted to it?
No. Cigarettes must be addictive from other added chemicals, because nicotine alone is significantly easier than quitting caffeine. I chewed 2 pieces of 4 mg gum for three weeks, then cold turkey. The only symptom of withdrawal is a little excess irritability and anger, but that's only for a couple of days

It's a pretty mild chemical when taken in isolation

I am aware that cigarettes are not the same animal today that they were 100 years ago because of the chemicals in them. And I also know that tobacco has many medicinal uses, especially topically or even in nest boxes to be a bug deterrent. Today's manufacturers have adulterated literally everything. You can't even rely on labels to tell the truth anymore.

The horse paste works just fine. For a long time, that's all that was available. Both my daughter and I have used it. Be sure to read how many lbs. per notch, because it can vary quite a bit between brands, and adjust it to your weight. We did the one dose based on our weight. That knocked it right out, almost immediately. I have other friends that have done the same, and they reported the same results. PS. In our experience, the apple flavored tasted worse than the non-flavored.

For the record, almost all medications are tested on animals first, so the veterinarians get first crack at the human meds. In many instances it's the same manufacturer for both human, and animal meds. The manufacturers just crank it out, and the only distinction is whether, at the end of the line, they put it in packaging for humans, or for animals. The problem that arose with purity, was due to branding. Because animal meds are not strictly regulated, several brands were obtaining the pure product, then adding some extra fillers, increase their profit margins, and rebrand it. Most of the top name brands have not done this.

Back
Top Bottom