The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Has he been to his doctor about it? Could he possibly have bronchitis, OR mycoplasma? People get mycoplasma too. The exposure can be a result of going to the feed store, and someone else carried it in. It doesn't necessarily have to be from your own chickens. A prescription of Doxycycline clears it up. IF/When that has been checked out, but he's still having trouble, let them do further testing, especially an X-ray. I was coughing, short of breath, getting weaker, and weaker, etc. I was first treated like it was a bronchitis type infection, because I had a bout with bronchitis. The bronchitis sort of cleared up, but I continued having trouble. The doctor kept prescribing antibiotics, and prednisone. Eventually, when that didn't help, it took an X-ray to show that there wasn't a problem with the lungs themselves, but the pleural space (adjoining the lung) that was the problem. No, it wasn't cancer there. The bronchitis had inflamed the pleural space, and when I got over it, for whatever reason, the inflammation didn't resolve itself like it should have. It can become life threatening, so don't wait around to get it checked out.

That's a new one on me, nicotine patch for lingering cough? Never heard that one, Julie. Nope, he hasn't tried that, but I'm sure he would never do it. It's too reminiscent of his smoker family who mostly died or have serious health issues due to smoking they never got under control. He does have AFIB, supposedly, and there is evidence that about 6 weeks post Covid, older folks have increased risk for myocarditis. He's past that point now. I think it's just going to take time, but he's so tired. Coughing and difficult breathing wear you out badly.
I still don't believe that what I had was Covid but some other thing that was floating around contracted from someone at the dinner. Tom had to already have been exposed to Covid before the dinner since he was sick so fast after the dinner, probably the strain of traveling and being "on stage" for a family visit brought on the actual symptoms. I didn't feel ill until the following Thursday night and by Friday afternoon, I was back out in the barn with my chickens. If he brought Covid home before that weekend, he wasn't feeling it yet or we would never have gone to visit anyone and I would probably have not gotten sick. After the fever broke, I just felt tired and now have the lingering fluid in the ears. Though it is certainly a big coincidence for both of us to get sick at the same time, especially since I had not been ill in over two decades, but even the media was saying there were several nasty viruses floating around at that time and some folks got both simultaneously (oy, how awful!).
Not for cough. I used it for fatigue

Yes, we now know that the nicotine in the patches block the receptors that the covid attaches to. It was one of the first things the Italian doctors noted early on, that smokers seemed to fare better, so they were using nicotine patches, and they helped some.

Yes, we now know that the nicotine in the patches block the receptors that the covid attaches to. It was one of the first things the Italian doctors noted early on, that smokers seemed to fare better, so they were using nicotine patches, and they helped some.
I heard that early on, but never believed it. Makes no logical sense that someone with compromised lungs would better manage a respiratory virus. I remain skeptical. I mean, we've been lied to so much under the guise of helping when they really wanted us "useless eaters" and independent thinkers dead, I'm going to reply on my own intuition and research and keep my healthy skepticism. Still, even if it was true, he'd never go for it with his family history.
I think it's just going to take him longer to recover fully from that nasty bio-weapon. He still hasn't got his normal taste buds back and his appetite is still way off. Good for weight loss, but can't go on too long or he'll become malnourished.

Although nicotine is predominantly found in tobacco plants, it’s also present in tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes, and green pepper plants. And while they all belong to the nightshade family, the quantities of nicotine in these other plants are much lower than in tobacco plants.

There are certain proteins in our bodies referred to as receptors. These receptors only receive specific neurotransmitters or chemicals. The receptors that nicotine binds to are called nicotinic-cholinergic receptors. Nicotine is an agonist, which means that when it binds to receptors, it brings about a biological response.

Nicotinic-cholinergic receptors are found in many places in the body, including the brain, neuromuscular junctions (areas of chemical communication between nerves and muscles), the inner part of the adrenal gland, and ganglia (groups of nerve cells).

BTW, have you tried Ivermectin, not in the one time worming dose, but at the daily dose for 5 days?

BTW, have you tried Ivermectin, not in the one time worming dose, but at the daily dose for 5 days?
You mean to treat Bash's ears? No, I haven't. They were wormed a few months back
with Valbazen, I think, then Ivermectin pour on because they weren't dustbathing much.
Interesting about the nicotine, never heard much beyond it's addictive qualities.

Back
Top Bottom