The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Wow! That guy really has no idea what he's talking about! I'm slowly working on being more self-reliant, with my little garden and my chickens and I could even breed my 2 rabbits for meat if needed, (about as much homesteading as I can get in a suburban hoa lol), but just because I'd like to be more self-reliant doesn't mean we aren't tax paying members of society with jobs and insurance.

I did a game camera download of the one that points out toward the pasture and look who was on it. This is the last ever photo of my Dusty.

dscf0009-jpg.1097526

This morning, I'm not in a great mood. When Tom is in a bad mood, squirreled away in his own world with headphones as he often is, though I know it's because he's in pain, I don't want to do anything outside. I want this place cleaned up and some more projects done, but I cannot do them all by myself and he balks at paying folks to do them. So, things will stay chaotic until he gets a bug and a burst of energy, which is more rare of late. I am seeing the lure of going back to a mixed flock again, easier stuff, but dang it, I can't have broodies out the wazoo! I can't find homes for all these birds. Both my Brahmas and my Rocks are broody, both the Atlas and the Hector line of Rocks. Probably just my mood this dark, overcast morning. It will pass. I can't get into quilting, either. I have so many quilts that are made and in a cabinet that no one wants to buy already, I can't justify making more. I sure have no place for them in my little house, only one bed. Sigh. Surely, we'll both be energized after this hot weather is done. I hate summer.

Back
Top Bottom