The first person who says eat them...

Quote:
and a hatcher to go with it
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Egg noodles
smile.png

Noodles are pretty easy to make and are tasty. You can make a bunch of fancy noodles out of your eggs to use at a later time. Larger noodles seem to be easier to make. Like those giant shells you can stuff full of tasty stuff.

Yeah, I know, it's eating the eggs. But they don't taste like eggs and making noodles in an afternoon can be fun.

Another idea is to boil the eggs, mash them up and feed them back to your hens. The eggs MUST be boiled first to keep your hens from deciding to eat their own eggs whenever they want. The eggs are great for your chickens. (Crumble the egg shells and feed it back to them for a free source of calcium.)

If you ever hatch out your own chicks and plan on doing so this spring, boil your eggs, make them into a mash and put it in the freezer. Egg yolk is extremely good for young chicks.

I'm pretty sure red worms (compost worms) also really like boiled eggs. Compost worms are easy to start and once they get started they just don't stop. Feed the eggs to the worms, then go fishing. Magically transform your eggs into panfish
smile.png

If you dig painting at all, look up egg paints. Before oils, paints were made using raw eggs. I haven't done it yet, myself (we're still making egg noodles
smile.png
but I really want to try when I get more time. It sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

Someone needs to write up "101 Things to do with Eggs" that don't involve eating them.

Learn to make pickled eggs and sell them to local service stations, beer joints, anywhere men gather. They LOVE 'em!!! My friend, who used to dog sit for me, made quite a nice little supplemental income with pickled eggs. I like the idea of making egg noodles, too.

OK guys I have too many eggs and you want me to make - MORE CHICKENS?!?!

That goes on the "you know you're addicted when" thread!

You could always hatch the eggs then sell the chickens !!! OR Sell the hatching eggs !!!​

Dry the whites, store and use for high quality protein smoothies. They charge a fortune for the stuff in the store and it probably comes from China along with some unlisted extras.

Then make butter shortbread cookies with the yolks and give as thank you presents.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
and a hatcher to go with it
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

OK guys I have too many eggs and you want me to make - MORE CHICKENS?!?!

That goes on the "you know you're addicted when" thread!​

yuckyuck.gif

Not sure how much time you have on your hands but you can always blow them out and sell them to the craft ladies. Or blow them out and fill them with confiti (sp?) and paint them. Sell them on ebay.
But I am in favor of seeing if the food pantry or church food drive is in need of them.

Back
Top Bottom