The Front Porch Swing

babymakes6

Gifted
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
far west Ohio
Just thought I'd start a chat thread for anyone to talk about things that are relevant to them.
Welcome friends (and friends I haven't met yet)!

Keep it family-friendly and remember BYC rules-be kind to everyone.
smile.png

porch-swing-john-ohagan-photog.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, all! This thread has been dormant for almost as long as I was out of poultry. I had a surprise baby in 2016 and sold all my poultry. I’m just easing back into having a few birds. If anyone sees this - I hope you’re all well and staying safe during this crazy pandemic!

Sorry-I don't even HAVE a front porch, let alone a swing-but I do have a big hammock underneath two big Red Maple trees I don't need to mention the one tree is dead, do I?
lol.png

I found the picture while I was searching for parch swing-it seemed like a good choice! I would LOVE to have a porch like that! And sure, bring your juicer! I'll put some sweet tea in the sun to brew while I wait on you!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
I just made some carrot-apple-lemon-ginger and it is SO GOOD. I usually put cucumbers in it too, but I am out. I don't like carbonation so the ginger gives it a bit of a bite instead.

We do HAVE a front porch but it isn't very big and is taken up mostly by a huge dog bed for the Booga and a chair we put stuff on while we open the door and some plants that are supposed to be planted but haven't gotten around to it yet.

the Booga:

Last edited:
OK, here's my front porch in the fall... everything is from my garden!! It is NOT that interesting right now, in fact it is bare... waiting for the flowers to grow a little more
big_smile.png

Oh yeah... that paper sign on the front door says "no solicitors" lol, I need to find a good vinyl one...

Back
Top Bottom