The Front Porch Swing

HAHAHAHAHA,!!!!

Babies going back to sleep when you want them to!!!! HaHaHaHaHa.......oh, you! Starting off the day with jokes.......

Well guess what ? !! Those babies not only went back to bed...they are still sleeping !!
yesss.gif

Listening to the egg song form the MGBs in the house....slipping my coffee....loving it !!
cool.png

Good Morning you two East Coasters!
frow.gif
It is a beautiful, sunny morning here in the Midwest! The birds I hear are the wrens heralding the gorgeous sun rise......coffee is the perfect finishing touch to the start of a lovely day.

HAHAHAHAHA,!!!!

Babies going back to sleep when you want them to!!!! HaHaHaHaHa.......oh, you! Starting off the day with jokes.......

Well guess what ? !!  Those babies not only went back to bed...they are still sleeping !!  :yesss:

Listening to the egg song form the MGBs in the house....slipping my coffee....loving it !!   :cool:
Wow! You obviously have the touch! But be careful with that coffee. :p

Good morning, NotAFarm! (I always wanted to ask....if not a farm, what are you?)

All the critters are doing well this morning. I replenished the hay in the nest boxes, and had approving hens following me around checking them out.

Last edited:
Wow! That is literally the exact opposite of what I have, but it causes a lot of the same symptoms. My body cannot regulate when I change position, so my heart goes out of control trying to compensate. That then raises my blood pressure through the roof (your body makes your blood pressure go down). I also get the headaches and feeling dizzy, etc. since my blood pressure spikes so high. The key is, I have to start getting more salt to equalize the pressure in my veins between lying, sitting, and standing. That's so weird that we have such a similar condition!
LOL...I know, right? actually, I have had this since puberty so have run into several people since then. one of them actually went into cardiac arrest when they did the tilt-table est on him...that's pretty scary!

My name is courtesy of my DH. We bought 5 acres of land 14 years ago and built our house and a barn/shed on it. We had two horses (a dream of mine for many years) until I realized that having horses in IL as an older adult was not the same as having one in MS as a teen.....lots of work for too few riding opportunities. I found a great home for them with a family with two girls getting into 4-H and looked for something smaller and less work (read not hauling and stacking 100s of bales of hay in the barn for winter). I looked at Icelandic sheep (wanted something to eat the nice pasture grass I was then and still am mowing constantly) but my DH said..."This is NOT A FARM". "What about Nigerian goats, they're really small?....This is not a farm......I guess getting a couple of calves to grow-out is out of the question?......(stink eye look from him)" He is a city boy and just getting him to move to a rural area took some time and this property has "covenants" which state "no livestock except horses". I have had chickens since 2007 and none of my neighbors have complained....in fact, my chicken buddy who does chores when I am out of town lives with the same "restrictions" and has chickens too.........not that I had anything to do with that
hide.gif
. When I joined this site almost 4 years ago, it seemed like an appropriate moniker. Mine is not quite a backyard flock....they live in the end quarter of the barn/shed and have lots of free ranging space....but this is NotAFarm!
wink.png

Last edited:
Good morning, NotAFarm! (I always wanted to ask....if not a farm, what are you?)

My name is courtesy of my DH.  We bought 5 fives of land 14 years ago and built our house and a barn/shed on it.  We had two horses (a dream of mine for many years) until I realized that having horses in IL as an older adult was not the same as having one in MS as a teen.....lots of work for too few riding opportunities.  I found a great home for them with a family with two girls getting into 4-H and looked for something smaller and less work (read not hauling and stacking 100s of bales of hay in the barn for winter).  I looked at Icelandic sheep (wanted something to eat the nice pasture grass I was then and still am mowing constantly) but my DH said..."This is NOT A FARM".  "What about Nigerian goats, they're really small?....This is not a farm......I guess getting a couple of calves to grow-out is out of the question?......(stink eye look from him)"   He is a city boy and just getting him to move to a rural area took some time and this property has "covenants" which state "no livestock except horses".  I have had chickens since 2007 and none of my neighbors have complained....in fact, my chicken buddy who does chores when I am out of town lives with the same "restrictions" and has chickens too.........not that I had anything to do with that  :oops: .   When I joined this site almost 4 years ago, it seemed like an appropriate moniker.  Mine is not quite a backyard flock....they live in the end quarter of the barn/shed and have lots of free ranging space....but this is NotAFarm!  ;)
I love it! My hubby is also a city boy, but he has jumped into this feet first. When we bought our place, due to health issues we swapped out our dream of a big place for this one with 5.5 acres, and a 40 x 60 workshop, plus small barn. I ran dairy goats for a while, then sheep and angora rabbits, but as my health continued to decline, I transferred my concentration to poultry. They had been here since the beginning, but they've expanded now. Ironically, my MD is finally responding to treatment. I suppose I could return to raising hoofstock. But I won't! Growing out a few meat animals in the summer when I don't have to do winter hay suits me fine. It also reduces the mowing. But I find I really like the chickens. And hubby likes the turkeys. And we're adding quail this year. And we switched to meat rabbits to reduce the grooming. Things are working here, so despite being small, we call ourselves a farm. The poultry will support themselves this year, easily. Then we'll see what they can contribute to the coffers!

That's funny.
big_smile.png
it might not be a farm, but it's still work isn't it?
No, no, no! "Work" is when you aren't having fun! For me, winter chores are work, only because of the temperature. All other chores are my best, most relaxing time of the day. They are a large part of why I have this place...just for the chores!

That is a great story! I can't imagine choosing to give up a horse after I have waited all my life for one-same story here! I'll be 35 in July and still haven't gotten my horse (and no, Rachael, the stick horse you gave me for Christmas doesn't count
tongue.gif
)!

Tim and Laura, hope you both can get your BP and heart under control-it is definitely no fun having health issues!

Back
Top Bottom