The Front Porch Swing

Mmm cornbread!

I'm sorry to read about all the losses!

Laura, it seems to be the law of the universe that predators will only take females and favorites. Maybe it should be called the FF Law. I never lose any extra boys. They stick around being loud and annoying.

chiqita - I've never lost a hen to internal laying. What are the symptoms?

She just looked poorly and dropped dead. I only knew what it was becaus we sent her to davis. She didn't have lumps just an bacterial infection from the yolks.

Almost done with another chicken tractor, did not get as much done today as I wanted to though.
rant.gif
Man our turkeys are getting so big, they need a new home. Sold a Lavender Orp roo today.
celebrate.gif
Also one less EE hen.
celebrate.gif
Only 2 Easter Egger hens left to sell, then to figure out what to replace them with, I want a blue egg layer but what?

Counting down to Yard Sale on Friday. There is just so much STUFF - especially toys. Thought I'd been through all the toy boxes and closets for them....then moved on to the garage yesterday and found boxes and boxes of them. Sorting and reboxing, washing and trying to piece together things broken or pulled apart long ago. It's looking like a doll hospital in my kitchen with all the twisted GI Joes and action figures coming from the depths of boxes made sticky with melted suckers and cobwebs. But it's bringing up some sweet memories when I see some of these tractors, dumptrucks, boats, planes, sandbox toys and, yesterday, a strange little yellow swirled bit of plastic - all alone - the remains of a Cootie Bug toy I'd completely forgotten about. And, no, some of this NEVER goes into a yard sale - but gets cleaned and re-boxed for grandchildren yet to come.

We have never actually had a yard sale. we live so far out that no one would find us. I can see it now: us sitting out in the yard waiting for someone to randomly drive down our 1/4 mile long drive way into the woods (banjos playing)

nah...we just dump random things at goodwill on occasion.

there is a 50 mile yardsale over in the valley in August! people come out of the hills and set up by the side of the road on route 11!

We have never actually had a yard sale. we live so far out that no one would find us. I can see it now: us sitting out in the yard waiting for someone to randomly drive down our 1/4 mile long drive way into the woods (banjos playing)

nah...we just dump random things at goodwill on occasion.

there is a 50 mile yardsale over in the valley in August! people come out of the hills and set up by the side of the road on route 11!
I'll bet that's a good one.
I'm not much for yard sales - this is my second. I think there may be one more when I retire.

Hey all!! I really can't believe how busy this summer has been!! But had a minute and wanted to stop by and say "Hi!"

here's a picture of our new livestock guardian dog...fierce looking, right???

3E33r93Gb5G55q45J1d6tc0bb002c4f03197a.jpg
Ahhhh...... My parents just got a Great Pyrenees puppy, she is so cute!! She'll be more of an all purpose guard dog I think, for grandkids and chickens hopefully, lol (most of my breeder birds at her house, she lives about a mile from me, I can't have roos where I live)

We just got our GFF order we received.2 Bielefelder pullets, 5 Augsburgers, 8 Spitzhauben and 2 partridge Orpingtons! : )
wee.gif

OK now to pray the Orps are a pair worthy of breeding!
fl.gif
!
2 more Bielefelder pullets are for sure good.
THe rest just a bonus.

Ohhhhh... Cool!!! You have some really neat birds!!

THIS IS MY FIRST A FRAME TRACTOR (7 ft long) large enough for 3-4 bantams or 2 LF. Currently home to a trio of Dark Brahma Bantams.

This is my second A Frame (also 7 ft long but about a foot wider and taller)
Easily hold 4-6 Bantams or 3-4 LF, my Lemon Cuckoo trio is calling it home now.
I think they rather enjoyed their first day in it they just about destroyed the yard in one day!

Wow!! Nice!!

Pysanki, so sorry about losing those birds! Do you have an electric fence? Oh wait, I think I remember you talking about having one... BTW... you are so funny!! Your posts always make me laugh!!

Here's my tidbits... My Wheaten Marans chicks are really growing out nicely, I'm REALLY excited about them for next year!! Had a pair of rhodebar chicks hatch from kraftyladies, now to decide if I can make room for them or kick another breed out... curses the problems that come with a lack of space!! Also REALLY liking the CCL juvies I got as chicks from CJ... she has some really nice birds!

I think I killed some of my garden with drift spray, I have some really terrible weeds and sprayed some of them, trying to be so very careful of the garden plants, but some of them today are looking sad....
hit.gif
I'll have to keep them watered and see how they do, they might just be stressed, the weeds that I was trying to kill are mostly dead, so I think there's hope!!

Back
Top Bottom