The Front Porch Swing

Quote: Mine is always asking for my tools. Now I can't find mine either.
he.gif

We used recycled wood from large pallets, so that dictated the size. The small one is about 7ft long and the sides are 40" , the larger one is 7' long and the sides are 48". I cut everything on 45 degree angles for simplicity because my saw cuts 45's and less but not steeper. I hinged one side of the roof over the nesting box at the bottom of the panel so it will open easy and I am going to add a chain to hold it once open, without having to lay it on the ground. Simply used 2 1x4 screwed together to overlap to make a rain gaurd on the top. oh yeh and the end of the run opens also.

Quote: I know. That is why I know there are men who are at least two standard deviations above the mean. you are what we wish our husbands would aspire to. My Father was a slob in the house, but his work barn was organized and tidy. And heaven help the person who touched his tools.
My grandfather on my mom's side was also excellent with his tools, but was prefect in the house too. So he definitely set the bar for me.
But, even though our husbands are not as responsible with their toys as we would like them to be, we still think the world of them for their other wonderful qualities.
big_smile.png

Do I want to admit this? My husband would NEVER leave his tools out in the rain...& he is SO ORGANIZED it isn’t funny. He is an Engineer and Honestly I have more of an…um…artistic temperament. I am sure I drive him nuts. And I have a sucky spot-check, too so when I can’t find something I ask him to come do a visual sweep and he usually sees the item within a foot of me. It is bad. I am particularly awful with tape measures. It is like they are invisible to me, no matter how neon-colored they are.

We are such polar opposites. But we don’t double up on household skills that way. If he can’t do something it is likely that I can and vice versa. So in the event of a zombie apocalypse, we’d have all our bases covered! Well except that neither one of us is good at growing food.

Quote: Wanna buy a pullet? Or sell your cockeral? I am having a heck of a time trying to find a mate. I have tried hatching dozens of eggs and no luck. I think the only reason she hatched and lived is because it was an extra in a dozen RIW eggs.
Quote: but, you make your living with your tools, so you kind of have to. Hubbys electrical tools are always put up like they are supposed to be. But his mechanicing and fence repairing tools, are left laying wherever he stopped using them last.

Last edited:
Do I want to admit this? My husband would NEVER leave his tools out in the rain...& he is SO ORGANIZED it isn’t funny. He is an Engineer and Honestly I have more of an…um…artistic temperament. I am sure I drive him nuts. And I have a sucky spot-check, too so when I can’t find something I ask him to come do a visual sweep and he usually sees the item within a foot of me. It is bad. I am particularly awful with tape measures. It is like they are invisible to me, no matter how neon-colored they are.

We are such polar opposites. But we don’t double up on household skills that way. If he can’t do something it is likely that I can and vice versa. So in the event of a zombie apocalypse, we’d have all our bases covered! Well except that neither one of us is good at growing food.
That's so funny. My husband can not find mustard. Every time we went to the store he'd buy more because he swore we were out. So one day I emptied the pantry and the refrigerator of the 14 jars of mustard and said,"SEE! DO YOU SEE? WE HAVE MUSTARD! STOP BUYING MUSTARD!" (and yes, It was all in caps) Then.... one day, we ran out of mustard. I felt horrible.

Back
Top Bottom