The Front Porch Swing

well, the no squatting isn't entirely true...when hubby is home and he walks near her she squats.

Awe your hubby is her Tom! Eva squats for me. I've tried letting a Tom on her, but she must gets up and starts walking away with them still up there trying to keep their balance and failing rather humorously. The few times we did get her to stay sitting the toms were way to short body wise to make any contact. She is a rather large girl.

I have a poult working its way out today and another just a moving around in the shell. Good thing I candled yesterday or I would have forgotten all about them.

I found a vent! The weirdo has a vent in a really weird spot, but I found one, so Alex can keep his little freak of weirdness. Thing gives me the hebegebes!

And yes Tiffany we have Minorcas. Black and Buff, but no boys. Just couldn't find any good boys around here.

YAY! I'm curious because I know that there have been cases like this with cows and after the calves grow up, the odd parts shrivel up and die. I'm wondering if your chick will keep the extra legs or if they'll just die on their own.

So sorry to hear about the chick!

Last edited:
and look! look! look!

That's awesome!!!!!! I love babies hatching out!!!
jumpy.gif

They fired her Friday. She has been calling me. I answered the first time and regretted it…I am now screening my calls. She wanted me to tell her that she had done nothing wrong. But I didn’t call my punches and I am kind of happy with myself about that. she needs to take a hard look at her decisions and attitudes.

I honestly wish I had had the balls to tell her what I thought of her before this all happened but I was a coward, she was technically a superior to me, sort of. I didn’t want to make my life hell at work.

I was always very nice/careful with her. I have learned in life to be very wary/careful of females in the office. I hate strife. and that has made me a coward. I should not have ignored her behavior. but I did tell our superior about it several times. I just didn’t keep track of stuff or anything, which I probably should have but I don’t want to be one of those people who pays so much attention to other people’s faults enough to track them. I have known people who had nothing better to do than that. I think I have gone too far the other way.
oh, well. guess I am human.

But on a positive note: The girl who was accosted showed me her statement before she turned it in. (not sure why) and she actually told them that I came to her rescue in her report! thank goodness. I wasn’t sure how obvious it was looking back on it. my brain was just in panic mode and I wasn’t actually sure what words I used and whether they had made the point I was going for.

Little quad legged chic died last night. Now I don't have to wonder about it anymore.
hugs.gif
Sad, but probably for the best.
hugs.gif

But on a positive note: The girl who was accosted showed me her statement before she turned it in. (not sure why) and she actually told them that I came to her rescue in her report! thank goodness. I wasn’t sure how obvious it was looking back on it. my brain was just in panic mode and I wasn’t actually sure what words I used and whether they had made the point I was going for.
Very nice that she appreciated your efforts.
thumbsup.gif

This is my craigslist find this weekend
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yesss.gif
:

LL

It is one of these: http://www.horizonstructures.com/coop.asp

I got it for $400 and about 3 hours of work to free it from the overgrown run and get it loaded. There is some minor carpenter bee damage, but it is very solid. A good power washing, inside and out, a little caulk and a nice coat of paint and it will be like new! Now to find about 8 or 9 more just like it...
fl.gif
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom