The Front Porch Swing

I got behind when I went down into "your neck of the woods" the end of July and haven't caught up yet.....it's a chatty group!
big_smile.png

Hi Mesha!
frow.gif
We started school with our 2 today. Summer here has been very busy. I have retired and am wondering how I got everything done AND worked full-time!?!
th.gif
lol.png
I'll be freezing corn from the neighbor tomorrow.
Hey there!! I forgot you retired, yay!!! Yummy... the corn is just coming on around here, and yummo it is GOOD!!!

That chicken looks like it is wearing headphones!
gig.gif

wee.gif
Debi, That is great to hear!!
I read on the Fermented Feed thread that it makes combs and wattles more red. Perhaps that is why the comb seems pinkish early. It is 16 weeks old today so maybe I'll be seeing a blue egg soon!
fl.gif

fl.gif
for a hen!! Very interesting on the fermented feed, too!!

anyone know someone in southern Ohio or northern Kentucky with bantam mf Cochin? I'm needing a roo to go with this lovely little girl. She's only 14 weeks right now so I'd settle for a young one. I found someone who is 3 hours away with some but was trying to find some a little closer.

Good morning everyone, New Swedish flowers from the newest GFF line started laying yesterday. So now for a new coop and rooster selection. I guess it won't be the 2 that went to the freezer last night. So since the Augs, SFH And Jubilees are all the same age that hopefully means Jubilee eggs soon. Well the Partridge Brahmas are the same age but we all know Brahmas don't get in a hurry.

The jubs are taking their time getting to lay. Mine were born in February and their hatch mates are laying but they are not even close to pinking up.

I'm waiting for them to get interested before building them a pen and a rooster.

I have decided turkeys are insane . my feed bill has almost doubled with the ducks and turkey grow outs.

Yes that first egg is always exciting. We spend about $150-200 a week on feed, we were buying half of our feed at our local CO-OP but started seeing hens stop laying, we have switched to flock raiser and mixing in calcium and oats along with some Purina layer and seems to be much better we also add a small bag of scratch to each 55 gallon trash can.

Back
Top Bottom