The Front Porch Swing

Wow where is everyone.
This is my largest A frame chicken tractor yet. It is nearly done. The foot print is 64" wide x 120" long. 6 ft of that is run and 4 ft for coop(nesting boxes and roost).

Yes Krazy I've been super busy. Between butchering chickens, canning, and trying to keep my house clean with my über sloppy hubby around I've been burning the candle at both ends. Just got my shower and now time to relax for a few while the pressure cooker does its thang.

How is miss Phyllis with her silly keets? My Merry is such a good momma and we have poults hatching in the incubator right now, so some other lucky broody is going to become momma early! My Harvey is flirting with the momma idea again too. I think we have 4 other girls that are begging to be mommas out there right now. I love broody girls! I think if all the older girls went broody at the same time I would buy them eggs to hatch. We also have eight chickens sitting eggs or tending chicks.

Oooooo I hear a cheep cheep cheep! It's my favorite day of the week! Hatching day, and I miss when it was almost everyday!

Oh and we made the decision to get rid of all the ducks and geese. The ducks make too many holes in the ground and its hard enough for me to walk somedays on normal uneven ground. Also my hubby can't seem to get the coop moved into or even near enough to the garden that I can pen them in there. To me what's the point if they aren't going to be of use.

I decided the coop will work just fine for my White Hollands and I can pen them wherever. We currently have three hens and one Tom, but I will replace the Tom for new genetics. The hens are just as sweet as can be. They should be just fine in the duck goose coop as it fits lots of ducks and geese just fine. Now to figure out what to do with the current residents. I'll eat em if I have to, but I detest both.

Very nice tractor!!!! I will need one of those next year. looks very functional.

I have been dealing with work issues and ex-coworker issues (the one that got fired keeps trying to call me and e-mail me)
I am probably going to have my hours cut at work soon...business is just slow. so I am having trouble sleeping.
I looked at the want ads and determined I need to get retrained and then I looked into how much schooling costs and decided it wasn't worth it.

sigh.

but the chickens are all doing great and no losses since we put up the fence!!!
puppy still needs the fear of god put into him...wants to chase.
need to make some nesting boxes in the new coop...I think they are going to start laying any day now. combs reddening up.

very nice tractor
Thanks, its my design. I kinda looked at what was out there and made what I liked. My first one will have to be modified it has a couple of design flaws.

Quote:
always busy these days TN....can you come build me 1 or 10?
How about I build it and you come get it. I understand busy we have an auto repair business. We are a NAPA Autocare Center, have 4 kids(one who is going on 17 and stressing over Pre-cal), active in church and full time hobbie farmer. Oh and we won't even discuss the 400 chickens.

Quote:
I would come and build them for you if I could drive that far Krazy!
She will just have to come pick it up FLOCKS
I wish I had that talent!
All from God, my mind is mechanical if nothing else. Sometimes I wonder about my mind.

Back
Top Bottom