The Front Porch Swing

Yes it was on purpose. He drove into the ditch over 6 feet to kill her from the opposite side of the road. It makes no sense to me why a person would do something so cruel and right in front of us too. He could have hit something, lost control and hit us! Harvey never saw it coming as it was from her blind side. It's pretty flat right through that area, but still was dangerous. I sure wish he would have hit the tree instead.

She was a very very special girl.

And we finally have a pip on one of her eggs. These are her eggs, not another hens that she was sitting on. Harvey had the most beautiful eggs. Hurry up and hatch little harvette.
I am so sad for you
hugs.gif
But so mad at them

Hurry Harvette!!!! Stand in your MaMa's footprints!!

Last edited:
How true it is that motorists will deliberately mow you down and go out of their way to do so.

Years ago I used to walk a lot - partially thru a very upper class neighborhood . I didn't look like I belonged in a t-shirt and jeans. Some folks were friendly and many were not. I was coming home it was near dusk, I had a neon reflective vest(scotch brite) and a flashing light on front. You are supposed to walk facing traffic (so you can see who is trying to kill you) and I was as close to the woods as I could be. There was no sidewalk or bike bath.

Some punk noticed me as soon as his headlights lit my vest - then he swerved sharply to come right at me - fast. I knew the %#$#^& would hit me, I dived into the heavy brush and trees, cussing him at the top of my lungs. He missed me. I can tell you my heart was jumping out of my chest I was so scared. I was afraid he would turn back and try again. I ran as fast as I could - trying to look back and forward at the same time - till I got to an intersection that had sidewalks across the street. There is no way you can get a license no. under the circumstances and the cops would have probably told me I didn't belong out there.

Just the other day there was a news story of a kid with bow and arrow killing cats and rabbits. I know abusers/killers start out with animals first. In national news some punks deliberately killed an Australian student for no reason other than they felt like killing someone.

Years ago a bycer posted a video of him on an atv deliberately (according to his audible commentary)chasing down and trying to run over cats in his field. Outrage followed, I hoped he was forever blocked from this website.

When does this madness end???

Hi all!

We had a horrible unbearable thing happen the other day. ......

We hope karma does its thing with the jerk that murdered her.

Thanks all for listening. It helps to let out a little of the pain here and there.
I am so so sorry. What a friggin psycho. Hugs to you and Alex both.

Little Harvette has hatched and was given to a broody hat only has one poult. I was afraid I would become too possessive of it and not allow it to be a normal turkey. I did mark the itty bitty though, so I'll know it's one of Harvey's kids. We took all the rest of her eggs and put them in the incubator. A whole batch of Harvey's are in our future I hope and pray!

DD that's terrible! It's things like that that make people much less trusting of society. The Deputy Sheriff told me if I cared about my turkeys so much why didn't I keep them penned up. Um because I care about them so much! Way to blame the victim jerk. What never even seemed to make an impression on him was that the truck was so close that me and my son could have been killed too. I suppose I should have kept my son in a cage too. He's free ranged too. From one end of the farm and back all day long.

Back to cleaning peaches.

The weather has been so weird this year that I haven't gotten a whole lot out of my pitiful garden. too much rain and not enough sun. I finally have tomatoes on my tomato plants but I don't think they are going to have a chance to ripen. My mellons and squash got taken by fungus. I got some cukes, but those vines shrivelled up too for some reason. the Chickens ate all of my strawberries. (need to fence them off next year)

now my hot peppers and Basil are going gangbusters.

I am thinking about ripping the mellon/squash/cuke dead vines out and planting some spinach. is this a good time for that? I am not a terribly experienced gardener. I am planning to forage for wild stuff during the zombie apocolypse.

Back
Top Bottom