The Front Porch Swing

I have sent her messages too, about 2-3 months ago and nothing.

You don't have ANY eggs you could put under her?
ep.gif
I am going to put a couple OEGB's, a Salmon Fav and a EE/Red Dorking cross. Nothing else is laying right now.

I have not seen mrsmooncat around. If its urgent I can try to grapevine her. I think Cheryl got her chicks from gff originally so they are not so far off. But are there any different lines in the us?
This weekend was chickapalloza. I sold turkeys quail silkies marans breese and even a pair of my replacement breeding showgirls and every egg I had. Thank god the summer drought is over. Now I just need someone who wants a pair of mille flur leghorns...

Little Harvette has hatched and was given to a broody hat only has one poult. I was afraid I would become too possessive of it and not allow it to be a normal turkey. I did mark the itty bitty though, so I'll know it's one of Harvey's kids. We took all the rest of her eggs and put them in the incubator. A whole batch of Harvey's are in our future I hope and pray!

DD that's terrible! It's things like that that make people much less trusting of society. The Deputy Sheriff told me if I cared about my turkeys so much why didn't I keep them penned up. Um because I care about them so much! Way to blame the victim jerk. What never even seemed to make an impression on him was that the truck was so close that me and my son could have been killed too. I suppose I should have kept my son in a cage too. He's free ranged too. From one end of the farm and back all day long.

Back to cleaning peaches.

So sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you have someone to remember Harvey by!

Wow where is everyone.
This is my largest A frame chicken tractor yet. It is nearly done. The foot print is 64" wide x 120" long. 6 ft of that is run and 4 ft for coop(nesting boxes and roost).

Ok, nice job!!!
Thanks, its my design. I kinda looked at what was out there and made what I liked. My first one will have to be modified it has a couple of design flaws.

Quote:
How about I build it and you come get it. I understand busy we have an auto repair business. We are a NAPA Autocare Center, have 4 kids(one who is going on 17 and stressing over Pre-cal), active in church and full time hobbie farmer. Oh and we won't even discuss the 400 chickens.

Quote:
She will just have to come pick it up FLOCKS
All from God, my mind is mechanical if nothing else. Sometimes I wonder about my mind.

Wow, you are busy!!

People can be cruel luckily I see more morally good people than bad. Some people genuinely care, others not so much. I think the further we get from what God intended the worse things get.

Well said!!
we now have 2 Jubilee eggs.
WOO-HOO!!

Has anyone heard from Mrsmooncat? I sent her a couple of e-mails a while back but didn't get any response.

Congrats on the Jubilee eggs.

I need something to put under my bantam cochin pullet that went broody at 6 months of age. LOL I had heard these babies were broody mamas extraordinaire but didn't realize I would need a flock of 8 to get enough eggs to have for hatching and selling.

One of my bantam cochin pullets laid for 2 weeks and then went broody, dead in the middle of winter when it was below zero outside (not exaggerating), I had to put her in the garage, but she hatched out some really nice GNH from Pauletta, who have turned out to be just beautiful birds!!

Flocks... so sorry about your turkey... people are just plain out crazy sometimes, it's actually unbelievable... glad you can vent here!!

Back
Top Bottom