The Front Porch Swing

Flocks I missed your reply about Eva. I know you are making her last as long as you can but don't know how long it will be. I'm just optimistic! I'm sure the running is what keeps her around. Betta used to make her meaties run down the highway after her truck! That always cracked me up.

How is harvys daughter and shadow? I know you said she was grieving I've been wondering about her.

I'm off on an on site today so everyone is locked up. I'm unpopular.

Ten I just want to say I love haring from you and are glad you are around. I learn a lot from your farm stories! Kisses.

I like the front porch- no one is mean.  Thanks Chiqita!

Me too!

Lily, Harvey's daughter and shadow decided to stay in the coop rather than look for Harvey anymore and subsequently has gone broody! She pouted on the perch and when I kept bothering her she crawled in a nest box. After about a week she decided the eggs were hers and began hissing at me. I loves me a broody girl! They get ornery just like me. So Lily is sitting eggs and much happier than before. Can't say I didn't blame her. I woulda sat and sulked too if I coulda. I'm glad she has something else to occupy her thoughts now. Anyone that says animals don't grieve are just plain ignorant.

Its far from fun when you lose an animal. I am extra hard on myself if it is my fault or neglect but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Our Jubilees are quarantined along with the Light Brahma Rooster can't wait until they resume laying and start making money or at least recovering money.
lau.gif

Yeah we've had animals die before, but with Harvey it was different. Loosing Eva will be difficult, but you expect that with age comes health issues. Crud I know at 50 I'm no spring chicken myself! It was made all the more difficult the way she died. I don't think a day has gone by that my heart didn't hurt for her, or that I've thought mean and evil thoughts directed at the jerk that did it.
1f62a.png

On the bright side we have some adorable little harvettes that I would have sold otherwise. And miss Lily will give us some genetic relation in the years to come. Miss lily will never leave thin farm. Or as Alex calls her Liliputin. Don't ask me why. He hasn't told me yet.

Ack the turkeys are eating my melons!

I, um, might have bought 6 more bantam choc orp chicks....I sorta lucked into finding them locally and even though I found my missing Tweedles, I figured what the heck...destiny, right? and the lady is an absolute doll who I hope to keep in touch with. she loves the breed as much as I do! (honestly, though, anyone who has them probably would)

I didn't think you were supposed to bring new birds, chicks, or eggs into a closed flock when you have been diagnosed with having MG in your flock. How does that work?

Back
Top Bottom